So I head down to Denmark St today wanting to try out some fuzz pedals. I go into Macaris and play a Coloursound fuzz; easily the best fuzz pedal i've played in my life. Germanium fuzz, really smooth and great sounding.

Was just wondering if anyone else had played/had experience with these, before I bought.

I compared this to the Dunlop JH Fuzz and the MXR fuzz with the C108 transistor. I felt like these coloursound ones sounded much better. These were what I was looking at before though. (I was looking at a nice hendrixy sounding fuzz; think classic sounding fuzz pedals)...
I tried two different versions. One was a three-knob fuzz, (might have been a tone-bender, don't remember) and was on for £199.

Tried another fuzz, one knob, £129.

The first pedal had more tonal range, and was a little smoother. The second (cheaper) one sounded great but had a little more bite. In terms of tone i preferred the second one but it did have less range which was a drawback.

I think i'm gonna go back tomoro, take my guitar with me and seriously think about which one I want to buy. I can't get over how good they sounded compared to the popular, branded fuzzes!
Colorsound kicks shit tons of ass.

I've got one of the inductorless reissue wahs, it's amazing, really nice and thick and mellow.
Quote by jxljxl
Fais wins at life

The obscenely young leader of the Laney Cult

Member of the EHX Guild
Quote by Duv
I tried two different versions. One was a three-knob fuzz, (might have been a tone-bender, don't remember) and was on for £199.

Tried another fuzz, one knob, £129.

The first pedal had more tonal range, and was a little smoother. The second (cheaper) one sounded great but had a little more bite. In terms of tone i preferred the second one but it did have less range which was a drawback.

I think i'm gonna go back tomoro, take my guitar with me and seriously think about which one I want to buy. I can't get over how good they sounded compared to the popular, branded fuzzes!

Sounds like a 3-Knob Tonebender. Very smooth kind of sound.

The One knob, as you might suspect, is called the Colorsound One Knob Fuzz. Essentially a modified Fuzz Face.
Yeh. I had a look on their website. I tried out a one-knob fuzz box and a yellow tonebender. The yellow tonebender was fantastic but just too expensive really. £200 is a lot of money.

I enjoyed the one knob fuzz box, to be honest this sounded much better than any fuzz face i've tried. Really crisp and clear, while i thought fuzz faces sounded quite artificial sounding...
Quote by forsaknazrael
Well, in all fairness, if you've only tried the Dunlop FFs, then you haven't tried a Fuzz Face.
The current reissues aren't like the originals.

Think about the Tonebender. It's a great pedal.

Well to be honest I've been pretty open about what to look for in a fuzz. Yes i've tried dunlop fuzz's and tried one of the 'Jimi Hendrix' Fuzz's today (with the silicon transistors) and while it sounded good it didn't feel very special. Then playing the coloursound ones (the yellow tonebender is essentially the same price) there was no comparison.

I see that you're a fan of the tonebender, and i'd like to try one (which isn't yellow) as soon as possible, to see the difference. The normal tonebender is also affordable for me so i would definitely consider that as a purchase.

Do you think there is much difference between the coloursound pedals and fuzz face replicas? Also are they all hand-crafted/hand-built. I need to make sure what i'm paying for is worth it as this would be a significant purchase.

I'm also worried about the fact that these don't have an AC input. Is there any way round this?

Thanks in advance.

D.