I figured this was the best place to put this thread. If it should go somewhere else, tell me so, and I will delete it.

This winter break I figure to have some fun and educate myself on the internal workings of my guitar, so I am going to retrofit the thing. Now, to pay for a chunk of these upgrades, I will be reselling all the hardware I replace/upgrade.

So, about how much would be a "fair" price (USD) for '04 MIM 60's Classic hardware? Parts I would be selling: Vintage style tuners/bushings, entire bridge/trem assembly, pickguard assembly and all electronics (including jack), neck plate/screws. The bridge pickup is a Fender noiseless.

I would be selling it all together. My estimate was ~$200. ($30 tuners, $40 bridge, $120 elec., $10 other). Does that seem about right? I don't want to ask an unreasonable price, but the more I can pay for these upgrades out of pocket, the better.

Thanks. Any and all help is appreciated.
Last edited by hunterman at Nov 27, 2009,
Don't think you'll get $120 for pickups out of a MiM Strat. Check Ebay for current BIN and auction prices to get a good estimate.
2003 Music Man Axis Pacific Blue Burst
Quote by DSOTM80
Don't think you'll get $120 for pickups out of a MiM Strat. Check Ebay for current BIN and auction prices to get a good estimate.

It's not the pickups, it's the entire assembly. And I'm selling everything together. And I did check ebay and the ones I found were $200 and up. Those were new, though. That's where I derived $120 from.
Pickups, pots, output jack and pickup selector switch for $200? Way too much I think
2003 Music Man Axis Pacific Blue Burst
Quote by DSOTM80
Pickups, pots, output jack and pickup selector switch for $200? Way too much I think

Are you talking about the new ones off of Ebay? I agree, then.

I just figured if used MIM 60's sell for about $600-650 used, $200 would be a fair price for all the hardware (minus the body and the neck).

If someone was throwing together a vintage strat project, and only had a body and a neck, this would be perfect.
I have always desired to have something unique, and of my own making, rather than something that anyone could buy. Also, I am very value-conscious and as a result, have rarely paid the same prices that others typically pay. I have been purchasing new and used guitar parts and have been building my own custom Strats for years. I enjoy every aspect of this process, but most of all, I love to play a one-of-a-kind Strat that I built myself.

My objective in putting this site together (including the accompanying resources) is to document my learnings and share them with others such as yourself. It is my hope that I can provide useful information as well as inspiration to you so that you will go beyond just wishing you could build your own dream custom Stratocaster.
============================
sonic vs naruto
Wings of War