In my years of playing guitar I have loved being a lead guitarist, but my band has had way too much trouble as a guitarist. So can someone here please give me a few songs we should learn as covers so I can take over singing? I am like Dave Mustaine and James Hetfield in my rhythm work, but I am new to doing both at the same time. What are a few songs that would be easy to sing and play guitar to? I am still lead so yeah takign care of them solos too... haha. I am currently working on Paranoid by Black Sabbath, but yeah. any more suggestions to learn to play and sing together would be great! Thanks!
"Nice boys don't play rock n' roll" - Axl Rose in (Nice Boys cover)
Children of the revolution is easy.
Fast fuse by Kasabian
Anything by Nirvana (Tourettes, In Bloom, and School would be good choices)
Lips by Micachu and The Shapes
Anything from the early Pixies back catalogue (tony's theme, where is my mind? etc)

I know they aren't metal, but they're good for singing and playing at the same time.
CuSO4

"I don't have an instrument, I don't have a great voice, I just have some nice clothes maybe." paul rutherford
If you are like Kirk and Dave, Why not just try some Metallica and Megadeth songs?
Gear

Fender Mustang

Fender Telecaster

Fender Frontman 212R

Johnson Marquis JM60

Devi Ever Rocket

Boss Super Phaser

Dunlop Cry Baby GCB-95

Electro-Harmonix Big Muff Pi (NYC)
Thanks for the suggestions. And I am asking which songs would be easy for playing and singing at the same time. Like I am trying megadeth and metallica but which ones? I tried She Wolf and I can do that one pretty good, but Holy Wars, by Megadeth, and most things from Metallica's Kill em All albums are kinda tough. so like just a few suggestions. And for the non-metal songs please gt songs that could be. haha... My voice isnt so glamorous, but it is pretty cool for heavy songs. Kinda like Dave mustaine. could you image him singing like that for church music? I can't haha.
The God That Failed, from the black album.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Never heard that song before. I will give it a shot. from listening to it it sounds pretty badass and has agood message for me. haha.
I have an immense sense of deja vu for some reason, like I suggested this song to someone else for about the same reasons.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Children of the Grave- Black Sabbath, although youll need to tune to C# standard for it
Black Sabbath-Black Sabbath, super easy song, yet also one of the most badass and scary riffs ever.
For whom the bell tolls-Metallica
Symphony of Destrustion-Megadeth
Quote by IRISH_PUNK13
The grandmother is having a baby with her grandson, so the grandson will be his own fathers father, the baby will be his own grandfather, and grandson, and the grandmother will be the mother, and great grandmother?

Quote by TheBurningFish
ಠ_ಠ