Is it a good distortion pedal? Someone wants to trade me it for my Boss PS-5 and I really haven't heard anything at all about it.
Mah Gear:
Ibanez RGR420EX
Peavey 6505+ 112 Combo
Yamaha F-310
Kustom Arrow 16DFX
It's probably one of the most reviled piece of gear on this forum. "Angry bees in a tin can" is a paraphrase of the usual assessment of its sound.

It has its purposes, however, this was a case of a great idea very poorly executed by Boss. Better circuitry (as exposed by the Keeley and Allum mods) would have made this one of the must have pedals for high gain, but alas...

Don't trade blind, take a test drive with it and see if you prefer it.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

VOLUME SWELLING OCTAVE MONGER σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣
Sorry, that's the MetalCore one, right?
Yeah, it's not bad. You better want to be playing mainly heavy stuff, though. One-trick pony. It's a nice trick, though. I had one for my first year and a half of playing before getting a half stack.

And... Uh... What's the PS-5..?
ESP LTD EX400
Epi Explorer
Peavey JSX
Egnater Cab
DD7;NS2;ML2;RC20XL;BCB60;FS6;PH3
ISP Decimator
KH Wah
Pocket POD
Simmons SD9K

Quote by TheBodomBullet

Thank you, you've all been very informative and helpful (except you Mr_CiNiC, f*ck you.)
Love you too, babe.
Quote by Mr_CiNiC
Sorry, that's the MetalCore one, right?
Yeah, it's not bad. You better want to be playing mainly heavy stuff, though. One-trick pony. It's a nice trick, though. I had one for my first year and a half of playing before getting a half stack.

And... Uh... What's the PS-5..?

Pretty sure the MT-2 is the Metal Zone. Can't remember what hte MetalCore designation is offhand.

And I think the PS-5 is the Pitch Shifter.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

VOLUME SWELLING OCTAVE MONGER σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣
Ah, c'mon, people hate the Spider III more than the MT2 here.

If you haven't been playing long and just want a decent thrash tone, go for it, it'll serve you until your tastes refine. You'll hate it if you hear bad stuff about it. It's a decent pedal at a pretty decent price. All depends on how long you've been playing, what you play and what quality stuff you like.

And on eBay, the MT2 goes for like, $40 I think. Really cheap stuff, but your PS will go for much more.
ESP LTD EX400
Epi Explorer
Peavey JSX
Egnater Cab
ISP Decimator
KH Wah
Pocket POD
Simmons SD9K

Quote by TheBodomBullet

Thank you, you've all been very informative and helpful (except you Mr_CiNiC, f*ck you.)
Love you too, babe.
Thanks guys, and i know the PS-5 is worth quite a bit more, but its kind of hard to get that quite a bit more when no one wants to buy it in the first place :/ and MT-2 is the Metal Zone
Mah Gear:
Ibanez RGR420EX
Peavey 6505+ 112 Combo
Yamaha F-310
Kustom Arrow 16DFX
Just keep it on Craigslist periodically, or even here on the gear-buying/selling forums if no one's buying it right now. eBay too.
ESP LTD EX400
Epi Explorer
Peavey JSX
Egnater Cab
ISP Decimator
KH Wah
Pocket POD
Simmons SD9K

Quote by TheBodomBullet

Love you too, babe.
The MT-2 is an alright pedal if you have it modded. Though I've never seen any mod that made the bass EQ work properly. It always sounds like (as you increase the bass) you're just putting a big thick blanket over the amp.
Quote by Marty Friedman
Because I bend in such an unorthodox fashion; the notes kinda slide up and slide down...
i have one, probably one of the most useless things i bought, but that's cause i quickly found better stuff to use. not bad as a bass distortion pedal though
www.myspace.com/decognition

Guitar Rig:
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Godin Freeway
Korg DTR2000 Tuner
Axon Ax100
Hughes & Kettner Triamp Mk||
Boss V-Wah, CE-5, TR-2

Bass Rig:
Ibanez sr700
Ampeg BA600/115
Boss MT-2
Angry bees in a tin can.

The PS-5 is a sweet pedal; if you are handy with a soldering iron, buy it from him with cash and make it a good pedal.
only get the MT 2 if you play metal, when i got it the guy told me it was versatile (which it isnt really) i could get a decent muse-ish tone out of it but i dont play metal so i dont have much use for it
It's always the last day of summer and I've been left out in the cold with no door to get back in
Its an amazing pedal. I use it as my main distortion on my Marshall 205h Jvm and 1960a cab. Very underrated. Everyone here is on the bandwagon, if it sounds good to you get it.