Ive bassically narrowd down to these two amps but want to know, is the bugera 333 combo going to be too loud for bedroom use or could it be turned down enough? Also which would be the most suitable for playing rock? Sorry about making a lot of amp threads lately but i dont want to go out and buy another amp that isnt suitable.

Thanks, lewis

VOX AC15VR
Vintage les paul

Gone digital! NI audio 8 into guitar rig and ableton live!

AWESOME!
They're both 'too loud' for the bedroom if you want to try and crank it without earplugs or pissing someone off.

Depends on your definition of rock. The 333 is more suited to metal whereas the V55 is more suited towards blues and classic rock.

If you're more of a modern alternative rock guy, I'd go for the 333.

If you're a classic/hard/blues rock guy, go for the V55.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
The 333 can easily be used for bedroom, but there's more of a difference than just the volume between those two. But anyways, to answer your question, I'm using a 333xl for around bedroom volumes sometimes, it works just fine.

EDIT: Going out from the idea that you're willing to not get the "cranked" sound. Obviously, if you want to crank it for the extra saturation, the 333 is WAY too loud for bedroom.
Last edited by anubiz03 at Nov 27, 2009,
The V55 is a great blues/classic rock amp, the 333 does higher gain rock well, it all depends on what sound you're going for.
I wouldnt really want to crank it in my bedroom i just want to beable to use it for practice as well as gigging. And the extra gain could be useful. Ive also seen suggested that if you want to practice at lower volume take two tubes out? would this work or would it damage the amp?

VOX AC15VR
Vintage les paul

AWESOME!
Quote by lewisg1
I wouldnt really want to crank it in my bedroom i just want to beable to use it for practice as well as gigging. And the extra gain could be useful. Ive also seen suggested that if you want to practice at lower volume take two tubes out? would this work or would it damage the amp?

I have a 333xl and I use it in my bedroom at night. Go for it man!!!! It's a great amp.
i think im gonna, just gotta persuade parents its not gonna be too loud haha\

VOX AC15VR
Vintage les paul

AWESOME!