Page 1 of 2
Haha as if you spelled "Cokie" wrong twice.
Quote by emoboy027
Is fingering an emo chick that likes yoy and that has fallen in love with you is it wrong to you to finger her during lunch outside in front of everyone at the high school? would you not care or lol even wish it was you?

Youztoobz
MIDI Magicalness!
At least they stopped trying to write political songs and picked up where they left off lyrically with 'Shitting Bricks'
HELP ME I'M TRAPPED IN A HUMAN BODY!
I like how NOFX writes the same song over and over again, and people still buy everything they put out.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
Last edited by element4433 at Nov 27, 2009,
Quote by element4433
I like how NOFX writes the same song over and over again, and people still buy everything they put out.

Just like The Beach Boys!
Quote by iwannabesedated
Just like The Beach Boys!
You've never heard Pet Sounds
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
Quote by RizzoWashburn
The sad thing was that Shitting Bricks and Beer Bong were much more intelligent songs than any of their "political" work.

I love Beer Bong! Thats on my playlist called "NOFX Songs I like", the shortest playlist i have...
At 1:37

Is that Thom Yorke!?

EDIT: Nevermind, saw the end where he speaks, sounds American and not like a douchenozzle, also has normal eyelids.
Quote by JohnnyV
I'm pretty sure the feeling i get when i blow my load on my computer screen is a f*ck of a lot different than when i shoot in on my girlfriend's face.

Music things

PRS SE Custom 24
Epiphone G400
Vox AC15C1
Last edited by Lots O' FX at Nov 27, 2009,
Quote by element4433
You've never heard Pet Sounds

Yes, I have, I was being hyperbolic as I'm sure you were.
Quote by iwannabesedated
Yes, I have, I was being hyperbolic as I'm sure you were.
I wasn't.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano

Why would you choose the Beach Boys to as an example of a band with a homogeneous songwriting style anyway? Maybe AC/DC or something would have been a good example.
Quote by werty22
Why would you choose the Beach Boys to as an example of a band with a homogeneous songwriting style anyway? Maybe AC/DC or something would have been a good example.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_nbMNbkA9vaQ/Sh15QmDJPYI/AAAAAAAAAJE/ypcM7T0zSOM/s400/DAN_METH_-_Early_Beach_Boys_Hit_Song_Topics__5_In%C3%82%C2%A0A_Series_Of___-1.jpg

Simple blues influenced rock beat, some interesting enough harmonies, BAM, you got a Beach Boys song.
I see your point, but it's not like they're the epitome of all-their-songs-sound-the-same bands.
I downloaded Coaster a while back.

It's really funny because the title is meant to be ironic but it isn't.
Journalism is just a gun. It's only got one bullet in it, but if you aim right, that's all you need. Aim it right, and you can blow a kneecap off the world.
Quote by axeslash
I downloaded Coaster a while back.

It's really funny because the title is meant to be ironic but it isn't.

The sad part is if you download it your drinks will still leave water marks on your coffee table
I'm an asshole.
It's a decent enough song, nothing new but then again all the people complaining that all the songs sound the same would probably have a hissy fit if they changed their style in any way.

I'll probably just download the E.P. Nofx really release way too many E.P's and the songs usualy end up on their next L.P. anyway.
Originally Posted by Chromeproguitar
they make horrible noises in the middle of the night (is it sex?)

Quote by CliffIsAngry
I guess she's pretty hot if you're into that "having a good music video, but not better than Beyonce's" kind of thing...
Quote by alkalineweeman
It's a decent enough song, nothing new but then again all the people complaining that all the songs sound the same would probably have a hissy fit if they changed their style in any way.

Exactly. +1
Quote by alkalineweeman

To be honest, from the people who posted here saying that, they probably wouldn't care. Unless they changed to something good.

But that's unlikely.
FUCK YOU! GET PUMPED!
Quote by alkalineweeman
Nahhh
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano

We're
Gonna Use The
Same
Melody For
The
Entire ****ing
Song!

edit: also, the idea of a coked out clown is pretty funny, but i liked it better when his name was Dr. Rockso.
Last edited by Mack56 at Nov 28, 2009,
Quote by alkalineweeman

NOFX belongs to the worst genre of music on the planet.
Quote by alkalineweeman
This is the dumbest thing I've ever heard. Shut up.
Journalism is just a gun. It's only got one bullet in it, but if you aim right, that's all you need. Aim it right, and you can blow a kneecap off the world.
Quote by axeslash
This is the dumbest thing I've ever heard. Shut up.

Is it really so dumb? i know people who wont listen to them after "So long and thanks for all the shoes" i know people who wont listen to them before "Punk in Drublic" because they changed to a more political writing style. In the same respect i know people who wont listen to say Metallica after the black album, people that wont listen to Against me! after they signed to Sire, people who wont listen to Alkaline Trio after Good Mourning.
If you're going to come out with a ridiculous comment like that you need to back it up. I had reasons for my statement, from personal experience i've saw it happen with many bands then you hit out with "thats dumb, shut up" nice.... nice..
Originally Posted by Chromeproguitar
they make horrible noises in the middle of the night (is it sex?)

Quote by CliffIsAngry
I guess she's pretty hot if you're into that "having a good music video, but not better than Beyonce's" kind of thing...
Metallica sucked before, during, and after the black album, though, just like NOFX sucked before, during, and after their "political songz" era. I don't wanna listen to a guy who's pushing 40 sing about a coked out clown, especially not when the music is bland as fuck.

And I think Green Day's new album was fantastic. It's nice to see them progressing as they get older instead of trying to rewrite Dookie. So there.
Quote by alkalineweeman
Is it really so dumb? i know people who wont listen to them after "So long and thanks for all the shoes" i know people who wont listen to them before "Punk in Drublic" because they changed to a more political writing style. In the same respect i know people who wont listen to say Metallica after the black album, people that wont listen to Against me! after they signed to Sire, people who wont listen to Alkaline Trio after Good Mourning.
If you're going to come out with a ridiculous comment like that you need to back it up. I had reasons for my statement, from personal experience i've saw it happen with many bands then you hit out with "thats dumb, shut up" nice.... nice..
I like some songs on Crimson, and none on whatever the new one is because that album sucks. And I like New Wave with the exception of a few songs. But the main problem people have with those albums is that the quality isn't that great, not them progressing as a band. So there!
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano

Last edited by element4433 at Nov 29, 2009,
Quote by iwannabesedated
So is he just regular Mike now?

I think he should be called Short Mike, or Robin, because he looks like my friend of that name.

EDIT: Just read the thread, and I love Alkaline Trio's Crimson, and Good Mourning, and I don't care for any of the others.
Last edited by BrianApocalypse at Nov 29, 2009,
Quote by BrianApocalypse

EDIT: Just read the thread, and I love Alkaline Trio's Crimson, and Good Mourning, and I don't care for any of the others.

I also enjoy From Here to Infirmary along with those two and no others.
Quote by emoboy027
Is fingering an emo chick that likes yoy and that has fallen in love with you is it wrong to you to finger her during lunch outside in front of everyone at the high school? would you not care or lol even wish it was you?

Youztoobz
MIDI Magicalness!
Quote by alkalineweeman

I think the point is that people who complain about all of their songs sound the same don't like the band. And people who don't like the band don't care if they change their sound.

Besides, not liking Against Me!'s major label music is very different from not liking them because they changed their sound. I'm not normally one to judge a band for selling out but... Seriously.
Last edited by werty22 at Nov 29, 2009,
Quote by alkalineweeman
I know people who won't listen to them after So Long And Thanks For All The Fish because that album was fucking abysmal and didn't have one listenable track on it, and they don't care that the sound is different so much that the album sucks and that anyone who likes it should go listen to Pennywise and graduate Junior High.

I know people who don't listen to anything after Punk In Drublic since everything was downhill at that point, and most people have higher standards than I do for listening to/downloading an album. Changing sound doesn't mean anything ever.

If a band changes a sound people will dislike and like it. It all depends on how much it does or doesn't suck. I hate the new direction because it's boring and they're not doing any of the things that make me like NOFX. They're doing all the things I used to listen to and go "ugh why can't they just write music like 'Stickin' In My Eye' and 'I'm Going To Hell For This One.' Why can't they just write music that's catchy and listenable without weird vocals and letting that rhythm guitarist sing?"

So basically people don't listen to bands because they change their sounds; they stop listening to bands if they start making shitty unlistenable music.
I had this friend who used to say people don't like the new AFI because they're afraid of change.

He didn't like it that I told him people don't like new AFI because most of us aren't 12 year old boys who turn gay to fit into the scene.
ugh, more NOFX arguments that amount to nothing. the thread starter could have at least spelled "Cokie" right. yeah, i'll admit this one was a bit disappointing for me. still doesn't hurt their standing w/ me though. not that that matters to any of you guys. i just don't understand how, if you hate a band so much, you can waste your time to write a paragraph about them... whatever, i vote for sargasm to close this up, its the same as every other NOFX thread.
Quote by axeslash
I had this friend who used to say people don't like the new AFI because they're afraid of change.

He didn't like it that I told him people don't like new AFI because most of us aren't 12 year old boys who turn gay to fit into the scene.

You do know that you still list NOFX as one of your favourite bands, right?

What do you get out of being an asshole all the time?
Quote by emoboy027

Youztoobz
MIDI Magicalness!
Page 1 of 2