I've been saving for almost six months for this thing, and half of the excitement is finally getting to do my own HNAD thread ... what could be in the box?

Let's open it and see...

Why, it's an amplifier of some kind! Let's get it unwrapped.

Kitty checks things out to see if they're legit...

It's a Mesa Single Rectifier! Brand spankin' new, right out of the factory box.

Here it is, taking it's place at the top of the half stack, on top of the amplifier it's replacing: the nice sounding but frighteningly unreliable Bugera 333XL. Look at it gleam in the undiffused flash lighting, it's glorious... Stuffed penguin is totally necessary, it's the secret to my tone.

Note the cabinet, it's turned backwards so that I can turn it up a bit when I record and not blow my face off. It's in my little home studio, which is basically a converted walk-in closet

Great amp, everything feels solid. It sounds great, but I'm still messing with figuring out the infamous Mesa EQ. Special thanks to Pianos N' Stuff in Pittsburgh for awesome service on this purchase.

And that's that, folks! I am a happy camper Discuss your experiences with Mesa amps... or something.
Backwards cab... Uh... That's... Interesting? I personally enjoy blowing my face off.
How much did you pay for it?
ESP LTD EX400
Epi Explorer
Peavey JSX
Egnater Cab
DD7;NS2;ML2;RC20XL;BCB60;FS6;PH3
ISP Decimator
KH Wah
Pocket POD
Simmons SD9K

Quote by TheBodomBullet

Thank you, you've all been very informative and helpful (except you Mr_CiNiC, f*ck you.)
Love you too, babe.
Quote by Mr_CiNiC
Backwards cab... Uh... That's... Interesting? I personally enjoy blowing my face off.
How much did you pay for it?
I have it mic'd up around the front side with foam surrounding it, I like to turn it up when I record to get it hummin' a little bit and this really helps deflect the brunt of the sound from killing my ears in such a small room.

I paid $1400, the usual going rate for these. I wanted it brand new in the box, and the store was happy to do that for me, which was very cool of them.
Hows the gain on the single? Ive ben looking at a few mesas and have yet to try the single
amps
Vox Ac 30 (main)
Fender Supersonic with Krank Krankenstien 4x12
OR 50 with 4 x 12
Gassing for ibanes airplane flanger
Quote by Winman9999
Hows the gain on the single? Ive ben looking at a few mesas and have yet to try the single
It's actually not as much of a gain monster as I thought it would be... it's got the perfect amount for the music I play, but anyone who needs an insane boatload of gain might want to look at the Dual or Triple.
nice! HNAD!
"If you're looking for me,
you better check under the sea,
because that's where you'll find me..."
hnad!
main rig:
MIM Tele->VP Jr.->CryBaby->Fuzz Factory->TS808->Carbon Copy->Phase 90->TU-3->Vox AC30CCH+Avatar 212 and Peavey VTM60+Marshall 1960A

Quote by necrosis1193
Fuzz...It's wonderful and horrible and beautiful and repulsive and so many things all at once.
HNAD, Whats in the cab?
Guitars:
Gibson Les Paul Standard
Gibson Explorer New Century
Gibson RD Artist
Fender American Standard Telecaster

Amps:

Framus Cobra
Marshall JCM800 2203 - 1960A

Pedals:

Crybaby 535Q
Rockbox Boiling Point Overdrive
HNAD!!
i just started saving up for a dual rectifier.
im 90 bucks in!!! lmao. i need a job lol.

but seriously mesas are really good amps. many of the greatest guitarists use em.
Classical Guitarist
Thanks for all the congrats, guys, haha.

I do have a question, though; can anyone give me some tips on EQing this thing? Because I can't seem to get the hang of the Mesa style EQ, it sounds really close to how I want it to but I can't seem to tweak it juuuuuust right.
Download the manuel from th Mesa website, and start from there.
(()____(Main Rig)____())>

Carvin CS4 Goldtop
PRS Santana SE
Carvin SC90
Washburn Taurus 5-string Bass
Peavey 6505
Carvin v3m
Carvin 2x12
Spider Valve Cab
Plenty of Pedals.
Wow, Sweet man, bet it sounds great...what about some sound samples (Do some with penguin and without penguin, so we can check if the amp stands the pressure of giving you the tone you want without the awesomeness of a penguin.)

HNAD !
HNAD! I soooo want one of these...
Ibanez JEM 555 > Line 6 POD XT Live > Behringer MS16 Monitor Speakers

"Asked us if we were happy, we said we didn't know...
Took us by the hands and up we go..."

Italians do it better.
Thanks everyone, haha. I messed with this thing a bunch last night and I've got it pretty much dialed in. The Modern mode on Channel 2 is fairly useless to me, it's so ridiculously treble-y that it hurts my ears. I could see it sounding pretty good for a really harsh style like hardcore or something, but it's not too good for Pop-Punk, haha.

So I flipped it into the Vintage mode, and, bam, beautiful Rectifier tonal bliss. I'm coming from an amp with EL34s, so I'm not really used to the hifi-ness of 6L6s, too. I might pick up a set of EL34s and pop them in the Mesa just to see how it sounds.

As far as cleans go, the Clean mode on channel one is nice and sparkly, and the Pushed mode gives me some beautiful bluesy tones when I push the gain a little bit, especially when I split the pickups in my SG.
Would've bought a used Dual Recto and pocketed $200 myself... but still a cool amp nonetheless. Dig the Recto tone, just haven't played a Single that has tickled my fancy

HNAD!
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Wicked

HNAD!
Quote by Mad Marius
DBZ guitars, love'em. Especially their Les Piccolo model.
Quote by whiteraven119
So I flipped it into the Vintage mode, and, bam, beautiful Rectifier tonal bliss...I might pick up a set of EL34s and pop them in the Mesa just to see how it sounds.

Vintage Mode channel 2 is where it's at! and EL34s sound AMAZING in my Rectoverb, i like them better than the 6L6s i tried in it
main rig:
MIM Tele->VP Jr.->CryBaby->Fuzz Factory->TS808->Carbon Copy->Phase 90->TU-3->Vox AC30CCH+Avatar 212 and Peavey VTM60+Marshall 1960A

Quote by necrosis1193
Fuzz...It's wonderful and horrible and beautiful and repulsive and so many things all at once.
Quote by dlguitarmaster7
HNMD! what cab is that anyways?
Unfortunately, it's my Bugera 4x12. Doesn't sound half horrible, but it's no Mills Acoustics, haha. Next on the spending list is a Lopoline 2x12 with some Warehouse Veteran 30s, it'll be more easily transported and easier to take with me to college. Not to mention, probably sound a boatload better.