i wanna get a new guitar but i cant decide which one.

i narrowed it down to three.

Gibson les paul jr.
Gibson les paul studio
M-II NTB-emg

i know there kinda three totally different guitar but i cant decide. i mostly play punk hard rock in a band but i think im gunna start a side project thats more heavy.

so can u please give me sum reviews or more info bout these guitars and help me decide, my gear is in my sig
( i would like more info bout the jr. and wat it can do, currently leanin to it )

thanks
GEAR:
Gibson SG
Traynor YCV40T
Digitech Grunge
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Korg pitchblack pedal tuner
EXH Metal Muff
Sennheiser wireless system
Gear soon gettin:
Gibson Les Paul Jr.
Boss ce-2
Option 4: ESP Eclipse II.
Option 5: Ibanez RGA321, plus a pickup change

Of those three, I'd say the LP studio plus a pickup change.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Last edited by oneblackened at Nov 27, 2009,
i wouldn't get the studio personally. my friend plays one and he says because they cut holes in them (to make them lighter) they sound like crap....
^I dunno, having played a chambered LP I think they sound better than their solid counterparts - and they're a ****ton lighter. My Epi weighs around 11 lbs, not exactly fun to use on stage.
Current Gear:
Audient iD22 interface
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Quote by oneblackened
^I dunno, having played a chambered LP I think they sound better than their solid counterparts - and they're a ****ton lighter. My Epi weighs around 11 lbs, not exactly fun to use on stage.

Yea i dont think it would make that much of a difference soundwise. And my B.C. rich weighs a ton too... thats why i never stand lol.
I'd go with the studio. Most versatility by far, and the chambered body really takes a ton of weight off.
Quote by dr_shred
FrustratedRocka you are a legend

Quote by littlephil

The man clearly knows his shit.

Quote by Banjocal

one of the best, educated and logical posts I've ever seen on UG in the Pit. Well done good sir.
Quote by chadreed32
Yea i dont think it would make that much of a difference soundwise. And my B.C. rich weighs a ton too... thats why i never stand lol.

you'd be surprised. It's a lot more resonant, which makes the tone a bit warmer.
Current Gear:
Audient iD22 interface
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
Not a guitar you would normally see in a punk band but I would say look at the ESP Horizon NT it seems like it would suit you better imo.