I'm looking into getting a Peavey 6505, But for 200$ more I can get a 6505 plus, now can some tell me what feature(s) sets them apart, and if the extra 200$ is neccesary to invest in, I just don't want to spend more unless it's worth spending.
Honestly, you could have googled it.

6505+ has one extra preamp tube for a slightly more usable clean mode. It also has slightly different sound dynamics, as well as a Bias adjustment pot. The plus is a badass amp if you take the time to invest the necessary mods. Preamp tube selection can also make or break this amp for you.
Tastes like chicken, if chicken was a candy.
^Ha, well, I'm just to lazy to search through other forums for the answer, when I can post on this forum and get it just as fast.

Thank u. That covers the main aspects of what I needed to know.

Quote by ConfederateAxe
Preamp tube selection can also make or break this amp for you.

Why is that exactly?
Because the wrong kind of tubes can accentuate the stock amp's less desirable characteristics, which tend to be high end harshness, crossover distortion, and crappy clean channel voicing. A lower gain preamp tube in the proper place, along with the bias mod, can do wonders for your clean channel.
Tastes like chicken, if chicken was a candy.
The + also has a separate EQ for the crunch/clean channel which is great.

With next to nothing separating the 6505 and 6505+ price-wise there's really no reason to get the standard.
the plus has one extra preamp tube and a separate eq for the clean channel
Quote by Ikey
im no fred flintstone but i can sure make the bed rock

MY GEAR!

Epiphone Futura Custom EX
Randall RG75DG3 Combo Amp
MXR 10-Band EQ
Oscar Schmidt OG10CEN

howya doin