I've had this bass for almost 6 months now, i bought it off my friend on my bday and hes had it for about 2 years but never played it. so i was playing one day and the g-string broke, so knew i had to get new straings. but when i pulled the original strings off, the nut broke off somehow.

i glued it back on and its fine, but when i got the new strings, i noticed that that action is really high, its 1/4in and its just really annoying. i dotn wanna mess with teh bridge cuz i dont want to mess it up worse. but might it be because of the nut that the action is so high now? i put it right back in and didnt mess with the bridge at all when i re-strung. im gonna try and get a new bass by summer or so so i guess its not taht big a deal, but could someone maybe suggest what might of happened or tell me how to do something to the bridge to make ti back to normal? thanks
There is a saying in poetry, "show me, don't tell me." here you are announcing everything, like an announcer to a sporting event. "Dave has the ball. Dave passes the ball. Dave picks his ass."

~Zanascross

XD epic win
Di you put bigger strings on it and they don't fit in the nut properly. Did you put the nut on backwards by chance? lol. Maybe some pics will help everyone get a better idea of whats going on.
Lefty Strat Copy w/ GFS Lil' killer rails + Crazy wiring
Lefty Kona Thinline Acoustic/Electric
Righty-to-Lefty Silvertone Bass
Righty-to-Lefty Memphis Short Scale Bass
Vox AD30VT-XL

Tascam US-428 USB Interface Mixer
Guitar Rig 3
Quote by GeToChKn
Di you put bigger strings on it and they don't fit in the nut properly.

This, or, the glue you used to glue the nut expanded.
Quote by Skullbolt
banned cause yeah:

It's between you, user_nameless, me, and my split personality
I like kittens
SHUT UP NO ONE ASKED YOU!

Proud member of the UG Shred Mafia. P.M. godofshred to join.

"Do you practice UG Blackism? W e do."

PAROXYSM.
Or you didn't clean out the old glue and you've glued the nut on ontop of the old dried glue?
I just got a bass and switched from right handed to left handed and swapped the nut around. I sanded out the nut slot and the bottom of the nut before I crazy glued it in backwards to make sure I got a good flat surface for it. Like I said, some pics might help.
Vox AD30VT-XL

Guitar Rig 3
idk, i tried putting what i thought was wood glue on b4 i put the normal glue on so maybe alittle of it dried to mch and its making the nut to tall. i noticed that it is alittle crooked, but i guess it doesnt matter. once i get my new bass it should b fine
There is a saying in poetry, "show me, don't tell me." here you are announcing everything, like an announcer to a sporting event. "Dave has the ball. Dave passes the ball. Dave picks his ass."

~Zanascross

XD epic win
Why bother letting a 5 dollar nut get in your way of using your bass? You can still reuse that one, just sand the groove and sand the bottom of it or get a new plastic one, or better, a graphtech one for like 10 bucks.
Vox AD30VT-XL

Guitar Rig 3