Hello.

I am trying to figure out how to sing and play guitar simultaneously. I can do it on simple songs such as "For Whom the Bell Tolls", "Seek & Destroy" or "Breaking the Law", but on other songs it is really hard for me, and I always screw up something, forget the lyrics or lose rhythm and volume. So, anybody got any tips that will improve my abilities to sing and play guitar simultaneously?
do it slowly at first then slowly speed up, and just keep practicing you'll eventually get the hang of it
say your ABCs while you play something thats a totally different rhythm.
Gear:
Gibson Goth Explorer
Fender Gemini II
Dean Cemetery Gates Rzrbck
Marshall MG250 (screw you guys everyone i kno loves this amp)
Digitech Whammy IV
Ibanez Weeping Demon
Boss NS-2
MXR 10 Band EQ (black, not blue)
At first, it seems impossible, but after practice, the vocal and guitar rhythms/melodies will blend together. The most important thing, however, is that you know both aspects by heart. If you have to think about what is coming next, you will certainly struggle. For me, personally, if I'm trying to sing while playing, my playing seems to just go into autopilot (this is because I've mastered the guitar portion already, before singing), letting me mostly pay attention to singing.

PRACTICE PRACTICE PRACTICE
Oh yeah.

Quote by hildesaw
A minor is the saddest of all keys.

EDIT: D minor is the saddest of all keys.
Last edited by hockeyplayer168 at Nov 27, 2009,
Start with something that's REALLY easy on guitar. Like one strum per measure. Then work up from there. Eventually with much practice at each level, you will get to the point where you can tackle some difficult counter-rhythms.
Only play what you hear. If you don’t hear anything, don’t play anything.
-Chick Corea
practice makes perfect, no one does it perfect the time. you will get it in time don't worry.