So my, uncle just gave me a dimebucker and I think I'll hook it up tomorrow. Is that a good idea? I play metal so I jumped at his offer, and i have a regular seymour in the neck for non metal.
what is a "regular seymour"? and what are you taking out to put the dimebucker in?

||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||

Quote by Zoso1994
what is a "regular seymour"? and what are you taking out to put the dimebucker in?

A JB maybe.

TS, Try it out. If you don't like the tone, go back to the original pickup.
"There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die."-Duke
Quote by Zoso1994

Well it might be smart to tell you this, im replacing it because my bridge pickup is "broken" or faulty anyways.
well a pickup is better than none... lol

i didnt liek them but each to their own
Quote by 23:50 inbleach
can't i just eat the fucking cactus?

Quote by WildChicken
Go suck a cat westdyolf!

Quote by Cat Of Pain
So, West...

I hear you'll suck my cat...

Ill suck your cat
PEACE LOVE PANCAKES
call me zach

chocolate chip pancakes!
But the output levels might not match between the two pickups.
Volume drops at the climax of the song are ever so disappointing, and you may well have to drop the dimebucker so far that it loses clarity.
Guitars:
Gibson Les Paul Standard
Gibson Explorer New Century
Gibson RD Artist
Fender American Standard Telecaster

Amps:

Framus Cobra
Marshall JCM800 2203 - 1960A

Pedals:

Crybaby 535Q
Rockbox Boiling Point Overdrive
yeh ive got a Razorback with a dimebucker in.... i dont like it..... i dont know why but it just sounds kak to my ears .. as someone else said.. each to his own.
Quote by rgrockr
You can buy whatever guitar you want, you don't have to be at a certain skill level to buy one. This is real life, not some guitar-playing RPG where you have to unlock new guitars.
well its got to be better than the duncan design you have already

hasn't it?
I shouldn't post when drunk..

07 LTD MH400NT SD SH2/SH5
15 Jackson SLATHX-m 3-7 Slime green
Squier std tele (modded to hell)

Engl Powerball
Laney Ironheart 60h
Zilla Superfatboy 2x12 v30's

Pedals
Quote by R.D
But the output levels might not match between the two pickups.
Volume drops at the climax of the song are ever so disappointing, and you may well have to drop the dimebucker so far that it loses clarity.
it would gain clarity if you dropped it down. it would lose output though.

I don't get the point of this thread, you already have the pickup. And your bridge pickup doesn't work. What exactly are you asking? If you should put it in or not? I really don't see any argument for not putting it in.
Last edited by al112987 at Nov 27, 2009,
If he gave it to you, what do you have to lose? Give it a shot, and if you don't like it, sell it and get a better pickup - I'm sure he won't mind if you sell that expensive and almost universally criticised pickup for one with a much nicer sound.