I bought a Line 6 flextone 2 guitar amp awhile ago and i now recently bought an Mxr 10 band Eq and when i plugged in there was alote of feedback and the tone doesnt sound normal and this doesnt only happen with the Eq it does it with all stompboxes so I was wondering if anybody can explain whats going on, could it be my pickup?
Line 6 amps dont play nice with any pedals other than Line 6 pedals. Its just how they are.
Gear:
Gibson Goth Explorer
Fender Gemini II
Dean Cemetery Gates Rzrbck
Marshall MG250 (screw you guys everyone i kno loves this amp)
Digitech Whammy IV
Ibanez Weeping Demon
Boss NS-2
MXR 10 Band EQ (black, not blue)
turn the gain on the EQ down.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Pedals tend to work better on a clean setting, also, in my experience. (Distortion on a already distorted modelling amp makes your amp scream like a dying cat.)
Quote by glemnar
Pedals tend to work better on a clean setting, also, in my experience. (Distortion on a already distorted modelling amp makes your amp scream like a dying cat.)

It's an EQ pedal, not a distortion pedal.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
i run a metal muff into a line 6 spiderIII
if your amp is anything like mine then set it to the cleanest sound
and turn the drive all the way down and set the on-amp eq to around 12oclock
start from there and then do whatever.
but i ahve been seriously considering another amp for the very purpose of using pedals with it
Quote by captainmorgan91
i run a metal muff into a line 6 spiderIII
but i ahve been seriously considering another amp for the very purpose of using pedals with it

Frankly, you should be considering another amp simply because the spiders are not that good...

TS: Flextones are decent amps. Not my favorite, but they're good for what they are, much better than the spider series. But it IS true, it doesn't take pedals very well.
Fender 72' Deluxe Tele
Schecter Damian Elite 7
Fender '62 Reissue Jazz Bass (MIJ)
Peavey XXX 212 (back on the East Coast)

Macbook Pro 15" Retina
Logic Pro X 10.0.7
Revalver 4
LePou Amp Sims
Ignite Amp Sims
LeCab2
RedWirez Impulses