I'm in the market for a new guitar, looking for something to complement my Schecter C-1 Hellraiser.

I'm looking at these two as of now:

Ibanez S670PB Natural
http://www.zzounds.com/item--IBAS670PB

or

Schecter C-1+ Black Tribal
http://www.drumcityguitarland.com/drumcitygl/stores/1/Schecter-2007-DIAMOND-SERIES-C-1-Tribal-Black-6-String-Electric-Guitar--P727C3.aspx

I don't mind sticking with Schecter, but I have always fantasized having an S, and could use the extra-shreddable neck the Wizard offers, the Schecter necks are more of a chunky-riffing neck feel to me.

I'm concerned about the pickups on either of them, as I have no experience with either set.

I'm alright with having the ZR tremolo on the S, I know how all that works and such.

I also love the shit outta the S's finish, having recently developed a natural finish fetish.

I play Prog Metal mostly, with heavy influence from BTBAM, through a Bugera 333XL, and would greatly value your opinion on this matter.

Thanks in advance
Last edited by CaptinSpalldin at Nov 27, 2009,
the schecter's finish is gorgeous and from the pic it has a coil tap, but if you want something to complement the schecter you already have then go with the ibanez imo
Gear

Gibson Les Paul Standard
Fender American Strat
Taylor 214ce
Mesa Boogie Triple Rectifier (about to be Voodoo Modded)
Keeley TS-808
Boss GT-10 Processor
Boss RC-20xl
sounds like you're definitely sure you want an S. i think if you got anything else you might end up regretting settling and NOT getting it. just my opinion after reading your first post.

anyway, even if you weren't set on going for the S i'd recommend it. they're quality guitars for the most part. i've heard a few complaints, but i've never had a problem with them when i've tested them out. i'm not a fan of the body, but they're definitely reliable guitars.
Warmoth Telecaster Deluxe. Warmoth Strat. Seagull Artist Portrait Acoustic.

"Well good God damn and other such phrases, I haven't heard a beat like this in ages!"
-Dan Le Sac Vs The Scroobius Pip
Ibanez
My Gear:

PRS Se Custom 24
Vox Vt 30
Esp Ltd C-301 Bass
Acoustic B100 Bass Amp
Morley Power Wah Bass Pedal
Yup I'd agree with the other guys and say you definitely do want the S, and you can always change pickups at a later date if they aren't too your taste.
Definitely try out the S first, Ibanez necks are amazing nacks for those who like them, I personally find the shape unplayable, but if you like the neck, the rest of the guitar is far superior to the schecter.
UG's Prodigal Son
And I have experience with Wizard necks, my first guitar was a crap RG120 haha, but I'm certainly going for the S now, thanks everyone.