well Christmas has been approaching and i decided to get a new guitar. after searching guitar center and some local shops i found a good assortment. however today i went to a local shop and found a Jackson Phil Collins Pc3 sig guitar.
it was in my price range and i wouldn't have even noticed it if the guy wouldn't have brought it down while i was testing an ibanez. so i gave it a shot and realized instantly what a great sound it had. turns out it has 3 emg pickups that the previous owned had installed (s-s-h). after some truss adjusting and action adjusting it was playing as good as the RG's i was looking at. Another thing i like was the fact that i did about 10 dive bombs and the trem showed no sign of messing the tune, unlike the RG's i had been playing where after about 7 they started to get a little fuzzy.
so i ended up walking out with the guitar (which came with a nice hardshell case), an electronic tuner and some more picks for about $475 USD. i just wish i knew exactly what pickups were installed, but im guessing at least $200 worth. I had never heard of this guitar before and wasn't even considering the Jackson brand. Good deal??
very good deal IMO. The pickups alone should be like $300 (if they were active emg's)
GRUPO EN ESPAÑOL

SI BUSCAS BANDA EN LATINOAMERICA O ESPAÑA, ENTRA AQUI
The pc3 was a budget version of the pc1.

Wilkinson trem
quilted top
nice neck

Sounds like you got a good deal to me,especially considering the fact that the set of EMG pups would probably cost around $270 if bought by themselves.

WARNING!: THIS USER HAS BEEN KNOWN TO BE AN OPINIONATED ASS. ALWAYS USE CAUTION WHEN READING POSTS AND NEVER USE NEAR AN OPEN FLAME.USE ONLY AS DIRECTED.KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN.