Hello.
I have had my Fender Hot Rod Deluxe Amp for about a year now and I am in a band who practice about 20 hours a week with the odd live show every month.

My amp's sound quality has deteriorated a lot recently and sounds very muddy, especially compared to other Fender Deluxe Amps.

I was wondering what will I need to do to fix this problem, is it the valves or is it the pre-amps, or maybe something else? (It's definitely not the guitar or the lead!!)

Thanks a lot.
Jack.
Since it is deteriorating slowly, my guess is that it is your speakers going flat, it's known to happen. I say get you some new speakers for it.
Airship is liek teh best giitar playr evr!!111!1!

Quote by solidgay
Don't use distortion pedals. Just bury your guitar for three weeks, and then dig it up, that should do the job.

^Best Reply Ever!

Quote by imdeth
metaldud damn it I said ignore the penis!
I think probably a retubing would be your best bet. If not, try a new speaker.

1000+ hours on your tubes will do it.
Ibanez RGT42DX
Vox AC30C2
Digitech Whammy (FOR SALE!)
Dunlop GCB-95F Crybaby
Boss DD-20
Boss SD-1
Ibanez TS9DX
MXR M-108 10 Band EQ
Quote by black007hawk2
Since it is deteriorating slowly, my guess is that it is your speakers going flat, it's known to happen. I say get you some new speakers for it.
What the hell does that mean? How can a speaker 'go flat'?

Anyway, sounds to me like your power tubes are on their way out - try replacing them as soon as you get the chance.
Try some new tubes, may as well replace all of them including the preamp tubes as well.
Agile AL3000
Douglas WRL90
SX SR1 STD Plus
J&D Strat
Squier Tele
Sammick TR2
Douglas Draco
Peavey JSX
Bugera V5
TWANGED VJ
Quote by GURREN LAGANN
Generally getting an SS/Modeler to use for practice can help save your tubes.

Defeats the point of buying the amp in the first place. Why spend the money on a nice tube amp to then get an SS/Modeler to use with a band?
LesPaul
Pedals
OrangeRocker30
My band
PBT Native: Resident Graphics Monkey