Hi.

I`m wondering if anyone has any info on how to get clost to that tone? Maybe some gear/tweaks info.

Thanks in advance. Ash.
If you want something done well - do it yourself.

Ready for C4C?
See my profile.
I'm gonna tell you right now, brace yourself with a flameshield for mentioning St. Anger. Good Luck
I'll pretend I can mod your amp but break it instead.
to go along with you garbage can snare drum????

sorry....had to do it....
I've bought, sold, and traded more gear than I care to admit.
basically, just use a belt sander to pick the guitar.

set the treble as low as possible, set the bass and mids as high as possible (in order to make the pitch indistinguishable).

oh, and don't forget not to play any guitar solos because those are not what people like nowadays.
Smash your guitar into a brick wall, burn part of your cable, and repeatedly kick the amp while playing.
Quote by Venice King
Beethoven ****ed Jimi Hendrix and I was born. I make my own music.
What did I tell you?
I'll pretend I can mod your amp but break it instead.
Last edited by guitarlord28 at Nov 27, 2009,
guitarlord28, just YEAH!

Hey people, if you don`t like the band/album/tone - don`t post here. If you think that I care if you liked it - I don`t.

darkwolf291, maybe you know what exactly to turn all the way up? I suppose those were some Diezels...

Ready for C4C?
See my profile.
Tried - all blabbering about how bad the tone is and how awful Metallica performed. I get a feeling, that all of them could do it much better if they just felt like. People sometimes forget that it is them who sit in front of a PC posting shit of Metallica while Metallica is the post popular metal band ever. Maybe someone better go out and perform something at least equally good as the Metallica works are? That`ll be a point where everyone sees who is good at music and who is good at chatting about it.
I`m sincerely sorry if I offended anyone, but the amount of those sofa guitarists just amazes.

The only thoughts I could reach say that they wre using Diezels VH4 and Mesa Triaxis`. And maybe one of them were producing only lows while another one - the highs. Then they blended.

Ready for C4C?
See my profile.
Quote by Ash Fargouh
Tried - all blabbering about how bad the tone is and how awful Metallica performed. I get a feeling, that all of them could do it much better if they just felt like. People sometimes forget that it is them who sit in front of a PC posting shit of Metallica while Metallica is the post popular metal band ever. Maybe someone better go out and perform something at least equally good as the Metallica works are? That`ll be a point where everyone sees who is good at music and who is good at chatting about it.
I`m sincerely sorry if I offended anyone, but the amount of those sofa guitarists just amazes.

The only thoughts I could reach say that they wre using Diezels VH4 and Mesa Triaxis`. And maybe one of them were producing only lows while another one - the highs. Then they blended.

Nice post. I lol'd @ sofa guitarists, that's awesome.

As for the tone it's definitely Diezel driven. Only a Diezel can produce such a dry cut gain like they used...but even if I'm wrong, it's either a Diezel or a Mesa.

...and for record, I actually thought St. Anger's tones were epic.