I post this with a heavy heart, because I've been a Zakk Wylde fan since before I first picked up the guitar.

Does Zakk just not give a shit anymore?

In his most recent Guitar World interview, when referring to an upcoming BLS album, Zakk states "We'll slam together some riffs and it'll sound like f**king Black Label."

Really? Am I supposed to spend my hard earned money on something you spent so little of your time and artistic effort on?

It doesn't stop there. Go back a few issues, to another extensive Guitar World interview with Wylde is rife with quotes like Wylde telling bandmates "Go watch Seinfeld for half an hour and I'll write some lyrics." Zakk seems content to hammer out material at a breakneck pace with little regard to freshness or artistic depth. It seems he's more interested in being a brand name than an artist. Press concerning Zakk seems to be heavily geared towards his endorsements and promotional causes.

Recent recordings of solos reveal that Zakk's self-proclaimed "constant practicing" has done little if anything to expand his technical proficiency or arsenal.

Zakk, bro. I love ya, but when did the fire I saw in you stop being passion and start being testosterone and assholism?
Tastes like chicken, if chicken was a candy.
wow i never noticed this before
but then again i havent listened to any of zakk's stuff since before he left ozzy
Quote by StraightxXxEdge
Quote by Truespin
you can't use a guitar to replace your lack of charm or social skills.

Worked for Malmsteen.
I agree, entirely.

And what's sad about it is,
That Wylde's attitude is the same attitude that newer bands are putting off.
Music is seen as a get rich quick plot,
rather than something to do because you love it.
What's it like, to die alone? And how does it feel when tears freeze, when you cry? The blood in your veins is twenty below.
Quote by motoko
his stuff was never 'artistic', i dont see why its a suprise

Saves me the trouble of typing it.
Quote by toyboxmonster
Saves me the trouble of typing it.

saves me the trouble of quoting in agreement.

Really guys, he never pretended to be anything else other than a cookie cutter cardboard 'badass'.
You didn't think he had depth or meaning, did you?
Been in Japan since August, no fucking money left!
Quote by GaijinFoot
saves me the trouble of quoting in agreement.

Really guys, he never pretended to be anything else other than a cookie cutter cardboard 'badass'.
You didn't think he had depth or meaning, did you?

Have you ever listen Pride & Glory?
I think his earlier work with ozzy was very artistic. Most of his solos were well written and executed. The solo on Mama Im Comin' Home was perfect. I dunno what the hell he was thinking with that facemelting solo on In This River.
Tastes like chicken, if chicken was a candy.