Heyo.

I'm interested in buying a motorbike for road use, i've wanted one for a few years and have the money to buy one if i choose to get it. If i can find something i like, and do go for my license and do a few courses etc than price isn't really that important, just as long as it isn't over 12K. I think that i could buy a good bike under that price.

The thing i was worried about is i'm tall (190cm) so i don't want a small bike that makes me look like a tool, but is also a fairly good bike that i could stick with for a few years if possible.

Here is the link to the approved bikes if your interested in looking, any help is appreciated.

http://www.rta.nsw.gov.au/licensing/tests/motorcycleridertrainingscheme/motorcyclesnoviceriders.html

tl;dr: I want a motorbike.
well personally i would get a 650 or a 1000 suzuki gsx-r. theyre actually some pretty bad ass bike. the 650 isnt too big but isnt too small either but as long as its fast, loud, and intimidating, you wont be considered a tool.
Novice Rider and a GSXR600 or GSXR1000? Are you on drugs?

I would start with GS500/SV650. In fact, that is what I did.
Quote by RazzleMCR1
well personally i would get a 650 or a 1000 suzuki gsx-r. theyre actually some pretty bad ass bike. the 650 isnt too big but isnt too small either but as long as its fast, loud, and intimidating, you wont be considered a tool.

I disagree. Any type of transportation that is loud purely for the sake of being loud is incredibly annoying. Bikes, cars, trucks. It's ridiculous.
Quote by JMack
Are you asking if midgets can draw people that are themselves smaller than the average person, or if midget drawings in general are smaller?
No im not on drug. i knew it was kind of stupid sayn he should get those......and yes it does let drivers know youre there.
They loud/being heard more often thing is a rumor. Overly loud pipes do not save many lives.

As far as bikes go, just make sure they don't have race throttles. Those are the main reason that kids die when they try to start out on liter bikes. Most people will grip harder and jerk their hands when they get jostled by a road bump, or get freaked out by something suddenly appearing in front of them. The short throttles and unneeded power make this a very dangerous habit to have.

Sv 650's are awesome bikes, but thats the biggest I'd say a new rider should have. Don't worry, it's still plenty fast. You'll molest cars.

Don't listen to all the people who say "o Lol. I started on a GSXR lol and I R f1ne!!!1". Bottom line is they got lucky. I can link you to some bike websites if you like. You'll find they say the same thing as me.

And don't spend 12k on a bike. You're going to tip it at some point in time. Everyone does. You can find really really nice used ones for 4k and under.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
"If I said you had a beautiful body, would you hold it against me?"
I ride an SV650. Following the purchase of my SV650 I got rid of the Subaru Impreza WRX because it was so comparatively lethargic.

Yes, I called my (former) WRX lethargic.
Quote by C/ruel

And don't spend 12k on a bike. You're going to tip it at some point in time. Everyone does. You can find really really nice used ones for 4k and under.

I meant i have 12K, but i don't want to go near that. Mainly in the 6-10K. I do want the sports style kind of bikes, and yeah i know i'll end up stacking it at one point in time. I don't consider myself the kind of douche who speeds or flips in between cars and stuff.