Hey i was just wanting to know wat some people think about the Line 6 Spider IV 30 watt amp. Is the distortion on it any good?
thx
i smell troll
Quote by angusfan16
I got my sister pregnant once. Yeah, that was awkward, but mostly because she's 6 years younger than me.
it's very cheap sounding.. it's better then the spider III by a long shot and has much better distortion... but personally if you want good distortion on on a budget of a 30watt solid state amp for bedroom practicing and has effects.. i'm not just hoping on the band wagon here but peavey vypyr
Spiders sound really digital on distortion. 'nuff said.
"I don't give a f*** if you boo, just boo in key"-Jimi Hendrix

SS

Gear:
Mesa Single Rectifier Solo head 50
Some crappy old cab
Vox Satchurator
Frontman 15G
Epiphone G-400
Quote by MetalGuitarest
it's very cheap sounding.. it's better then the spider III by a long shot and has much better distortion... but personally if you want good distortion on on a budget of a 30watt solid state amp for bedroom practicing and has effects.. i'm not just hoping on the band wagon here but peavey vypyr

+1, peavey blows the spider away in terms of distortion.
Agile AL3000
Douglas WRL90
SX SR1 STD Plus
J&D Strat
Squier Tele
Sammick TR2
Douglas Draco
Peavey JSX
Bugera V5
TWANGED VJ
You're much better off with the 75w. It sounds much better and has a bunch more features. I think the Spider IV's sound great. Try and play one against the Peavey Vypyr line and see which you like more.

If you don't care about a lot of the effects and stuff I'd also suggest the Peavey Bandit 112 or Envoy 110. Best sounding SS's in the price range IMO.
Actually it sounds a lot better than the III imo. A lot of people feel the same way too.