I just lost a heartbreaking game of monopoly...So wondering what your favorite board games are, or ne stories about them.
I'll show you my dark secret!
Waterboarding.
♪♫♪
92% percent of the teen population would be dead if Hollywood said it wasn't cool to breathe anymore.
Put this in your signature if you are one of the 92% who wouldn't be breathing.
Strip-opoly neone? And ya...those games can kill friendships
Quote by FFTLxx
Waterboarding.

lol. awesome.
Quote by wlcm2themachine
Does this rag smell like chloroform to you?

Quote by ChemicalFire
You sir, are a god amongst men

MY GEAR:
...apparently, i have too much. i cant list it without going over the character limit.
In my 15 years of life I have NEVER finished a Monoply game, usually I just get tired or someones gets mad an leaves.

Quote by ShallowEndings
I've never actually "finished" a game of monopoly..

Holy fuck, I'm not alone.
No muerde, no calla
Sin sangre no hay arte
Nada ni nadie
De nada más

how do you win or lose at monopoly? just wondering i've never finished either
Quote by Le_Bunny
LE shoop? It must be rad. And yes, I see potential.

P.S. nobody google 'man train'.

You have to find a way to spice it up then, like if you land on someone elses property, you remove a piece of clothing?
Quote by xItsGilbertYox
how do you win or lose at monopoly? just wondering i've never finished either

u make everyone go bankrupt or u buyout everyone who doesnt want to play anymore until theres that one guy whose sitting on the first 2 properties but won't give up!you plead and bargain until you threat to stick the top hat in his eye and he finally give up
Quote by JacobTheMe
Yeah, the movie was complete tat.

Avoid, unless you enjoy ruining things that you enjoy.

You can call me Cam, Cameron, or any other variation
Mortal Enemies with Primus2112
And everybody's singin'la, la la la, la la la
Quote by Myfirstpubes
*RISK*

monopoly is for pussies. Games that take weeks to finish is where its at

Jesus I've only played once, and it literally took weeks. We didn't finish.
Risk
Member #? of theVIVA MEXICO CLUB

Beware of the Lawyer: the Dog is Harmless.
It's not. It's also not as fun as Risk. I played it with my friend once, and I didn't like it as much as Risk. The rules are too complicated to be fun.
Yeeeeaaaarrrrs ago, my sister, my mom, and I had a three-day-long game of Monopoly JR. The friggin bank ran out of money and we had to loan it some.
Quote by brandon369852
lolworthy- classicrockboy WIN of thread.
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."
~ Jimi Hendrix

UG Backing Track Band
UG Rock Opera
Check out my songs for it

Currently e-single. Hit me up ladies
I once played this massive game of monopoly with my brother, we used to always change the rules, and we ran out of hotels (we were putting 2 on each property and doubling the rent) so we stole them from another set we had.

We gave up after about 2 weeks of paying each other massive amounts of money (The average fine in the game was $12,000)
Come back if you want to
And remember who you are
‘Cause there's nothing here for you my dear
And everything must pass
Quote by classicrockboy
Yeeeeaaaarrrrs ago, my sister, my mom, and I had a three-day-long game of Monopoly JR. The friggin bank ran out of money and we had to loan it some.

Monopoly Jr. was the shit.
Quote by classicrockboy

The one with the amusement park or whatever?
I played that for hours upon hours as a kid.
Quote by Pagan_Poetry
The one with the amusement park or whatever?
I played that for hours upon hours as a kid.

i always wanted to get the Arcade
Quote by brandon369852
lolworthy- classicrockboy WIN of thread.
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."
~ Jimi Hendrix

UG Backing Track Band
UG Rock Opera
Check out my songs for it

Currently e-single. Hit me up ladies
The two things I couldn't stand about Risk were: No-one ever attacks the superpower until it's too late, preferring to attack the weak guy for his cards, which never works; everyone gets stretched too thin. The other is that whoever owns Australia usually wins, idoling there, collecting armies, and waiting. Siam gets turned into an hour long bloodbath.

We used to set up some of the old Book-Case games like Civil War or WW1, battlesquad, etc... those took a month to play but someone would always get drunk and knock the board over, at some point.

I still don't know what to make of Dungeons and Dragons becoming a board game. So much for using your imagination.

Chess is the only game i've stayed with throughout my life and haven't become bored of over time.
Quote by Pagan_Poetry
Sadly this is Ultimate-guitar, not Simple-guitar. We can't help you.

our alternate rules to get Monopoly done quicker is

1. all chance or community chest fines and all income taxes go in the middle unless its directed like pay players blank. when u land on free parking, u get all the fine money. u will automatically get 50$ if u land on free parking in addition to any fines that might be in the middle pot.

2. trade. we bargain our property instead of mortgage. theres no point keeping someone in the game if they are mortgaging, just be like. instead of you paying 500$ and having to mortage ur shit, keep ur 400$, just give me what i have need in order to make more monopolies. that way theres not someone holding out a few pieces of property makin the game go hella slow. or just trade even if ur not having to mortgage. i will always trade anything for Boardwalk and Parkplace tho. works every time.
Cool stories bros.

Srsly though,
I agree with the masses, nobody ever REALLY finishes a game of Monopoly, the way it usually ends around here is the banker steals, we handle it accordingly, and boom,
Monopoly fun time is over.
I AGREE
Cluedo, simply I win every single time. And I like being Miss Scarlet.
XIAOXI
Last edited by Abunai X at Nov 28, 2009,
Stratego, Life, Monopoly - I actually do finish frequently - Risk, and Scrabble.
Quote by dr_shred
FrustratedRocka you are a legend

Quote by littlephil

The man clearly knows his shit.

Quote by Banjocal

one of the best, educated and logical posts I've ever seen on UG in the Pit. Well done good sir.
Monopoly isn't nearly as fun as a good designer game. I absolutely adore Carcassonne.

My roommates are fond of San Juan and Settlers of Catan.
No animals were harmed in order to bring you the above post. However, several photons were greatly inconvenienced.

ALL GLORY TO THE HYPNO-TOAD
Quote by voteforpedro36
Jesus I've only played once, and it literally took weeks. We didn't finish.

Your playing wrong then. It usually takes about 4 hours for me to conquer the world. Even quicker if they just GIVE me Australia / Oceania off the bat. I turn it into a impenetrable fortress - cannot be penetrated - and build. Then I unleash the fury.

I'm a Monopoly fiend, and a tremendous fan of Risk. By far, the best games out there, if only I had people to play them with.
Life is like an Empty Box, there could be something exciting in it at first look, but upon further review, well, it's empty.

Risk is where it's at. Especially since me and my friends are assholes, when we start losing we add places that belong to us territory wise and stockpile all of our guys there. (we've used the moon, bloodfeast island, and ***** island as well as some others) and then there's airstrikes where you throw your pieces at someone else when they beat you. My friends and I really need to grow up.
UG's Prodigal Son