Why do singers get sooo much more attention than the rest of the band even if he dosnt write the songs? Bassists and drummers are usually just pushed aside.
It's sad to admit, but singers usually make or break a band.
While driving yesterday, I saw a banana peel on the road and instinctively swerved to avoid it...thanks Mario Kart.
cause he's the more up front guy/girl. he interacts more with the fans/listeners. a lot of people dont really understand the music side of music... but they understand the person with the words.
Because a lot of musically ignorant people see a drummer as just a guy who sits at the back, and the bass player as just a guy playing a big guitar.
Quote by Gunpowder
C'mon, man. We're just kidding. We all know that drummers are important.

After all, without drummers, who would bag my groceries?

(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Put him in your signature and help
(")_(") him on his way to world domination.
One word......frontman (or frontwoman for that matter). They are the ones who usually engage the audience. The other band members can get more attention if they also engage the audience more. How many performers (musicians) do you see standing on stage..........staring at their feet (or at least looking like it) while playing. You need to move around....make eye contact with the audience while performing. Also, get on the mic and talk.....banter......inbetween songs. If only the singer is doing that.......not wonder they're the ones getting most of the attention...
Well...Bass players can get attention if they are the lead singer...and no I don't just mean Rush.
Gibson ES335
Ibanez RG370DXGP
Ibanez SA Series
Fender Acoustic
Marshall JCM800 1-12 split channel
Quote by ascend
who wants to watch a bass player, really :P

Another bass player?.......
Quote by KileManA7X
Why do singers get sooo much more attention than the rest of the band even if he dosnt write the songs? Bassists and drummers are usually just pushed aside.

I take it you can't sing then

Stop whining, you sound like a big girl - are you really so wrapped up in yourself and your own music that you've forgotten what it's like to simply listen to a band? For the majority of fans the lyrics are what they think of when they think of the song. Go to a gig and count how many of the audience members....

a) Hum along to the bassline
b) Beatbox along to the drums
c) Whistle along with the guitar parts
d) Sing along to the vocals.

The singer is the band's connection to the audience, that's their job.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Last edited by steven seagull at Nov 28, 2009,
Wisest of words Mr. Seagull

Current Rig:
Ltd EC1000 deluxe
Ltd FX260
Peavey Valveking 112
Shure Super 55
Shure Pg 58
Behringer Kx1200
Yes. Harsh, but well-played.

CT
Could I get some more talent in the monitors, please?

I know it sounds crazy, but try to learn to inhale your voice. www.thebelcantotechnique.com

Chris is the king of relating music things to other objects in real life.
Quote by KileManA7X

because they provide the words (iow, the story) and the main melody of the song. plus they are leading the band for the most part for almost the whole song.

thats why id rather not have a singer and just do vocals/writing and guitar myself. all the credit
Quote by KileManA7X

Dream Theater
you want attention ... Whip you dick out on stage..... that should get you some attention.
Quote by rgrockr
You can buy whatever guitar you want, you don't have to be at a certain skill level to buy one. This is real life, not some guitar-playing RPG where you have to unlock new guitars.
As a guitarist, I always got more attention than the singers I've had. You just need to show off. Play with one hand, hand over neck, yawn on leads. Drummers can twirl and throw sticks and do their baton twirling that they do. Even bassists can get in on the action at times.
Quote by Blind In 1 Ear
because they provide the words (iow, the story) and the main melody of the song. plus they are leading the band for the most part for almost the whole song.

This.

The chord progression or the drum beat or the bass line is not the main part of the song. The song is the main melody and that's what separates your song from every other song with a similar beat and chord progression. Everything else is just to dress the main melody up and make it sound nicer. Guess who presents the main melody? That's right, it's the singer. Guess who the people listen to the most? The singer.

At least in modern metal, where the singer does not present the main melody (very few "screamers" actually grunt out a melody, most just... grunt), the guitar takes the highlight with it's guitar solos. Maybe if you wanted more of a highlight you can start a metalcore band with a "death vocalist."
        |\
[U]        | |                     [/U]
[U]        |/     .-.              [/U]
[U]       /|_     `-’       |      [/U]
[U]      //| \      |       |      [/U]
[U]     | \|_ |     |     .-|      [/U]
      *-|-*    (_)     `-’
        |
        L.