I need help choosing, mostly between a Maxon OD808, ibanez TS-9, CMATmods signadrive. I know most of you probably don't know what the signadrive is, but if you could listen to some sound demos or something that would be great.

I need the pedal, more to drive a medium distortion signal, like on an egnater renegade, or fender supersonic, to tighten the low end, and boost the gain to something slightly more workable for teh brootz... or at least to get it a little heavier then the on board distortion on those amps...

If I like the tone of the pedal alot through the clean signal, do you guys think that'd be the best choice for what I'm looking to do?

Also, don't say "D00d you need a 6505 or bugera or it's not brutal." thats not the question I asked.
you really cant go wrong with any of them.
the TS-9 would be my first choice (of the three) for boosting an amp into metal territory, just because i like the way its frequency response shapes a loud very dirty amp.
however, if you are planning on using it for more than just "boostin' the broots" than i would go with the CMATmods for versatility, or the Maxon for just that classic OD sound that everyone has used.
Quote by BryanChampine
It was like a orgasm in my ear.
Chea_man is the best.
dude i have the ts-9 dont get it , its trash the TS-808 is much better if ur looking tubescreamer however i dont know much about the other two pedals =/
I have the signa drive actually, its a very good value. You can tell its a small company though because the knobs were put on completely centered and everything :P.

Its very versatile, can give you a very good transparent boost, would be useful to add gain.
I do sometimes use it to boost it into metal, to give me meatier palm mutes and stuff, it works fairly well for that. Three three switches add versatility as well, although the bottom one is kind of useless. High gain but sounds pretty awful and a HUGE volume drop.
Gear: Schecter C-1 Hellraiser FR
Epiphone Les Paul Standard (plus top)
Traynor YCV50 BLUE
Peavey Blazer
Zakk Wylde Signature Wah
EH Small Clone
MXR Distortion 3 (III)
Quote by TisPyon
dude i have the ts-9 dont get it , its trash the TS-808 is much better if ur looking tubescreamer however i dont know much about the other two pedals =/

Unfair to call the TS9 trash. It's a great pedal, and if you really did want TS808 tone you're better off just modding a TS9 as it's incredibly simple to do/get done.

Likewise I can't say much about the other two but i'd definitely recommend the TS9. Don't just go on ^ that.