Hello.
I have been playing guitar for a little over a year.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EqH5oMLMkiQ (just to get an idea of where i'm at)
Not as seriously as I would like.
So what I would like to do is construct a practice plan.
I'm not quite sure where to start though.
Mostly all I have done is practice songs I like rather than practice techniques.
Got any ideas for what a good say hour a day practice plan would be?
try learning songs of different genres,yeah an hour a day's not a bad idea, do what feels right to you, it's a hobby for me so i practice when i feel the urge to, it varies from week to week but hey my life is fixed on a clock so i feel guitar shouldn't be that way
check out scales, modes, theory, etc. man i wish i had that kind of equipment after 1 year of playing!
Gear

Gibson Les Paul Standard
Fender American Strat
Taylor 214ce
Mesa Boogie Triple Rectifier (about to be Voodoo Modded)
Keeley TS-808
Boss GT-10 Processor
Boss RC-20xl
One if you plan to be serious you should practice more than an hour a day.
Two your already pretty good but sloppiness is something you should focus on right away.
Three keep learning how ever you want my belief is that if you learn the song you learn the technique which means even though if you don't know exactly what scale your playing you'll still be playing it and you'll already know how to put it into a somg.
Quote by L2112Lif
I put a ton of my capital into SW Airlines... The next day, THE NEXT DAY these nutters fly into the WTC. What the hell? Apparently no one wanted to fly anymore, and I was like "What gives? God damnit Osama, let me win a fuggin' game!"
Quote by IRISH_PUNK13
One if you plan to be serious you should practice more than an hour a day.
Two your already pretty good but sloppiness is something you should focus on right away.
Three keep learning how ever you want my belief is that if you learn the song you learn the technique which means even though if you don't know exactly what scale your playing you'll still be playing it and you'll already know how to put it into a somg.

That's a good ideology i hear that practice is worthless unless u utilize it. So we should go after our favorite songs regardless of how hard it is.
you posted the same exact thing last month...
Ibanez RG4EXFM1
Roland Cube 30x
Line 6 Pod X3 Live
LTD Ec-1000
Mesa/Boogie Dual Rectifier Roadster
Been playing the same time as you. The only difference is I don't learn songs. Try posting a random solo and chords progressions. Not random but a improvising video.

I really just wanna see if you have more skill and speed than me to be honest... If your better, then I have more inspiration to practice more
Turtles R awesome. dont agree? YOU GO TO HELL, YOU GO TO HELL AND YOU DIE!

PSN: Purple-munky

Gear...
Ion - acoustic guitar.
Cort KX1Q - i smashed it
Fender Super Champ XD 15w
Stagg G-310 - i smashed it.