So I am building a guitar and I bout a original Floyd Rose for it. I installed it fine to were its the same distance from the nut to the 12th fret to the 12th fret to the bridge point. It plays fine and I can go up and down on it the only problem is when I push down on it and go back to were it was, it gets out of tune. For example; my guitars is in perfect D standard tuning, I push down on the bar, come back up and its out of tune, i go up on the bar and come back to were it was, its in tune again. It only gets out of tune when I go down and if I go it goes back in tune. Its at just about perfect tension to were theres 50% string tension and 50% spring tension and i keep the springs like this What should i do to fix this to were if I go down and pull it back up it stays in tune? more pics if needed. Thanks
Quote by vulcan422
i wish i could see Children Of Bodom agen
Quote by red157
Granted. But you have to endure support by the Miley Cyrus, Jonas Brothers and a steaming turd.

1. Death
2. Children Of Bodom
3. Metallica
4. Megadeth
5. Pantera
6. Cannibal Corpse
Last edited by vulcan422 at Nov 28, 2009,
In that pic the spring tension is mostly being put on one side of the bridge. Try to space your springs so the tension is spread evenly. See if that helps.
Are they new strings?

If so it could be that you haven't stretched them.

Do you have a locking nut?

When the strings go out of tune are they sharp or flat?
Quote by guitarcam123
Are they new strings?

If so it could be that you haven't stretched them.

Do you have a locking nut?

When the strings go out of tune are they sharp or flat?

i do have a locking nut. the stings have stretched out and they go flat when there out of tune, I
ll try dividing the springs evenly

can i get a pic of how to out the springs?
thanks
Quote by vulcan422
Quote by red157
Granted. But you have to endure support by the Miley Cyrus, Jonas Brothers and a steaming turd.

1. Death
2. Children Of Bodom
3. Metallica
4. Megadeth
5. Pantera
6. Cannibal Corpse
Last edited by vulcan422 at Nov 28, 2009,
any1?
Quote by vulcan422
Quote by red157

1. Death
2. Children Of Bodom
3. Metallica
4. Megadeth
5. Pantera
6. Cannibal Corpse
Quote by Matt420740
Try this

i try'd that. it doesn't go out of tune that much now. like just a little but you can still hear it. also i am using the same 3 springs and they are pretty hard to pull down on, should i try stings that are not as hard to pull?
Quote by vulcan422
Quote by red157

1. Death
2. Children Of Bodom
3. Metallica
4. Megadeth
5. Pantera
6. Cannibal Corpse