So a couple days ago I was in the kitchen (ololol inb4stereotype, inb4noinb4onOP) making dinner, and I cut my thumb open. Long story short, I had to go get stitches and get it bandaged and whatnot. So yesterday I take it off to replace the bandaging, and upon cleaning it off, I get nauseous, and feel like I'm about to pass out, which also happened right after the initial injury. Which is weird, because blood has never bothered me in the least. I don't know if it was the injury itself that kinda... weirded me out or what.

Has anything like this ever happened to anyone before? Not looking for medical advice or anything, just wondering if this is a relatively common occurrence or not.
Begin again in the night, let's sway again tonight.
Your arm on my shoulder, your cheek against mine.
Where can we go, when will we find that, we know.
uncommon

/thread
how'd
i
do?
Quote by Kyose
You sir are my God.

That game had the best synthesis system ever.

Quote by firebird103
I'm pretty sure you just won the thread. I can confirm everything you just said as well being a heavily qualified geek myself....

Congrats sir
Everytime i get blood taken, it's awful. perhaps the worst feeling in the world to me. I get the sweats and one side of my head goes numb, i'm pathetic..
Quote by Calibos
I was rolling a cigarette when I noticed a tiny spider on the inside of my rizla. I quickly lobbed some tobacco on top, rolled up, and smoked that bitch. Felt pretty bad after.

Formspring

SO CASH
Quote by desarawr
Everytime i get blood taken, it's awful. perhaps the worst feeling in the world to me. I get the sweats and one side of my head goes numb, i'm pathetic..

That too, actually, it was strange.
And you're not pathetic
Yeah, you're weird.

And the guy above me is a flaming pussy.
Jesus wouldn't give you the sweat off of his balls if you were dying of thirst.
Quote by Code-E
God, you've gotta be UG's only moron!

Quote by magnum1117
that's right,you certainly are UG's only moron.

Quote by necrosis1193
Read the moron's posts, ironically enough he knows what he says.
Quote by sadSTATUE
(ololol inb4stereotype, inb4noinb4onOP)

The fuck was that?
I'm that dude with the fro.
Quote by angus fan16
Long story short, a whale flew out of the ocean, landed next to me and shot like a wall of water straight into my face.
Quote by Froboarder
The fuck was that?

In before the female stereotype, I should say. As well as in before the one asshole that comes in that says no inb4 on the original post.
Last edited by sadSTATUE at Nov 28, 2009,
i was flipping a knife at work once and it was the day we sharpened the knives and my manager screamed at me and i looked away and cut the back of my thumb down to the bone. i went into shock a little at first like "oh shit thats really deep" but i just put some gauze on it and kept working. it healed nicely.
Quit my job blowin leaves
Telephone bills up my sleeves

And they were singin like this!
Quote by sadSTATUE
In before the female stereotype, I should say. As well as in before the one asshole that comes in that says no inb4 on the original post.

Comprende. As for your situation, I don't get nauseous until right before I peak on a caffeine high, so I wouldn't know.
I'm that dude with the fro.
Quote by angus fan16
Long story short, a whale flew out of the ocean, landed next to me and shot like a wall of water straight into my face.
i get a bit uneasy with blood or just thinking about something like that. i keep readjusting my leg position and fidgeting.

last time i had blood taken out of my arm for a blood test, i wasn't weirded out at all while they did it, i was interested so i watched them and i was completely unaffected. then for the next week, the image kept coming back to me and really fucking with me.

My mind is going. I can feel it.
I think it depends on what you're doing on the given day. Like one time I sliced my thumb during band practice because my guitar has like a piece of metal under the top locking nuts that pretty much acted like a razor. We were like half way through a song and I was bleeding all over the place. No problem. Granted adrenaline probably took part in that. When I see someone else with a wound like that though I get like really uncomfortable. I'm sure If I was doing something less physical like making dinner, then it would probably bother me. I'd say it's common.
No eternal reward will forgive us now for wasting the dawn. - Jim Morrison
yeah its common.

happened to me when i cut the side of my chest open on a peice of barbed wire (only a 5cm gash nothing major). When i was cleaning my stitches i felt very nauseous and nearly fell over :P so yeah... its normal.
I think it's natural. The first time I saw the hole in my ear after having it pierced it was the same thing, I nearly passed out. Perhaps it's to do with your body reacting to something that it interprets as an injury, and is unexpected... err... dunno. But it's not unheard of that's for sure.
I don't get nauseous when I cut myself, but I delight in showing other people and making them nauseous.

I once accidently hit the knuckle on my index finger with an angle grinder when I was helping a friend of mine out who owned a custom motorcycle shop. It removed a groove of skin, the width of the grinder blade (about an 8th of an inch) and when I bent my finger, the skin split and my knuckle bone popped out, so I showed my mate and he almost fainted.
He asked me if I would like him to take me to hospital. I said, 'No, just get me your first aid box. I cleaned it, dressed it, wrapped it in plastic tape, then went back and finished the job I was doing.
Last edited by SlackerBabbath at Nov 28, 2009,
It sounds a lot worse when people say open.

"I cut my thumb open"

Instead of just.

I cut my thumb.

When I hear open Im thinking like.
Quote by LivinJoke84
I cant be naked. I have a huge fear of leaving a stain wherever i sit. Especially if its really warm
As long as it was in the noble pursuit of a woman making dinner, let no obstacle stand in your way.

On a more serious note, it's probably just because of the injury. Do you puke if someone else pukes?
Catch me,
heal me,
Lift me back up to the Sun
I choose to live
Quote by SlackerBabbath
I don't get nauseous when I cut myself, but I delight in showing other people and making them nauseous.

I once accidently hit the knuckle on my index finger with an angle grinder when I was helping a friend of mine out who owned a custom motorcycle shop. It removed a groove of skin, the width of the grinder blade (about an 8th of an inch) and when I bent my finger, the skin split and my knuckle bone popped out, so I showed my mate and he almost fainted.
He asked me if I would like him to take me to hospital. I said, 'No, just get me your first air box. I cleaned it, dressed it, wrapped it in plastic tape, then went back and finished the job I was doing.

BEAST
I am the only sane person on the planet. Does that make me crazy?

Crank the Mids
Quote by Bluesy...
BEAST

I will admit to feeling just a bit nauseous at work once when a guy who was stood next to me lost all his fingers on one hand after an accident with an industrial router.
A cleanly sliced off finger is one thing, but these were shattered and bits of bone, flesh and blood were spread all over the place.
I sweat like a motherfu-cker when I get realy bad ones. Never had nausia though.
multicolour random messge!

FAC 13
"The hacienda must be rebuilt"
Quote by SlackerBabbath

I will admit to feeling just a bit nauseous at work once when a guy who was stood next to me lost all his fingers on one hand after an accident with an industrial router.
A cleanly sliced off finger is one thing, but these were shattered and bits of bone, flesh and blood were spread all over the place.

eiiiieeewwww. I don't know how to type that sound but uihhhew. *shudder
I am the only sane person on the planet. Does that make me crazy?

Crank the Mids
Quote by Bluesy...
eiiiieeewwww. I don't know how to type that sound but uihhhew. *shudder

The noise it made will stay in my memory for ever, it was like... "rrrrrrmmmmmakakakakakaspluuuuurch... plip, plip, plip."
Last edited by SlackerBabbath at Nov 28, 2009,
I enjoy getting my blood taken, it's an odd sensation... but no, TS you're not particularly weird, I have a friend that passes out if he so much as sees his own blood, so at least you're not that bad
I have a friend who fainted in class at the sight of plastic organs, you know those ones in science class that you can take apart like some morbid jigsaw puzzle?
So no, you're not really weird.
🙈 🙉 🙊