It's a great deal if no one drives it up. I love american strats and the SSH gives so much versatility. There's a lot you can do with that guitar.
UG's Prodigal Son
Quote by lunaticfringe93
It's a great deal if no one drives it up. I love american strats and the SSH gives so much versatility. There's a lot you can do with that guitar.

Yup,but there's a good chance that several people are watching it and it'll get spammed with bids in the last hour or so.......f*cking Ebay.

WARNING!: THIS USER HAS BEEN KNOWN TO BE AN OPINIONATED ASS. ALWAYS USE CAUTION WHEN READING POSTS AND NEVER USE NEAR AN OPEN FLAME.USE ONLY AS DIRECTED.KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN.

I'm pretty sure it's modded. It has the S-1 switch, which came on Deluxes. They're not saying whether it's a Deluxe or a Standard. I really don't think you could get one from the factory with the S-1 switch on a Standard, and if this came from the Custom Shop, the bidding would start much higher.

I'm not positive about 2005, but in 2006, the Deluxes had LSR roller nuts, locking tuning machines, Schaller/Fender strap locks, & pop-in trem arms (with no white tips). I'm pretty sure they were like that in 2005, too. This has none of that.

A Deluxe would have better pups, too. Can't tell from the pics here, though.

If the mod was done right, it also would have a 5-way Superswitch. The S-1 system represents about $60 of parts if you wanted to do it yourself (I did it to my Squier).

You might be able to track down the Serial # to figure out what it really is.

This geetar will probably fetch a lot more than this current $499 bid.

The frets could be in rough shape, especially if it has been played a lot with those rusty strings.

As long as you don't mind re-wiring it if you have to, $499 would be an exceptional deal, but I bet this one sells for at least $750.
Were you the one that "won" it for $700?

BTW, just for the record, although current MIA Standard HSS Strats don't have S-1, and I doubt they did when I bought my '06 SSS. I found a couple of 2005s fat strats that don't have it, but one other that does. Perhaps they were available in limited numbers.

If anyone knows, feel free to PM me. I'd like to know more about that...

Thanks,
Quote by jetwash69
I'm pretty sure it's modded. It has the S-1 switch, which came on Deluxes.
Actually, the Standards had the S-1 switch when they first intorduced the feature too, up until mid '05. Then some people complained about there not being a ''pure'' American Strat any more, so they took the S-1 off the Standard models (even though if you didn't want to use the S-1 switch you could have just left it alone and it wouldn't effect your tone at all...).
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
Quote by MrFlibble
Actually, the Standards had the S-1 switch when they first intorduced the feature too, up until mid '05. Then some people complained about there not being a ''pure'' American Strat any more, so they took the S-1 off the Standard models (even though if you didn't want to use the S-1 switch you could have just left it alone and it wouldn't effect your tone at all...).

Thanks, MrFibble. Also thanks for your work on the stringing guide you did a ways back that's posted in the Q & A thread. Just used it on my new RG770, replacing the original strings that have been on for a year while it waited patiently for a buyer. I used to string them like Mr Duncan does in one of his pickup installation videos, but when I saw Ibanez recommends your way, I figured I'd give it a try. Seems like the strings "stretched in" faster this way.

MrFibble, I was wondering, was that business with The S-1 just on the Fat Strats or was it on the early 2005 SSS models too? 'cause the only SSSes I've ever seen with S-1 have been Deluxes. And did they drop the price when they pulled out those extras?

Also, did Fender stop putting the roller nuts on the new Deluxes? If so, any idea why?

BTW, Monkfunk, I meant "did the TS win it"--the guitar did happen to sell for $700. Sorry for the miscommunication.
Last edited by jetwash69 at Nov 29, 2009,