its been months since i played my last game, and i was improving well on guitaring, but when i switched on my os3 yesterday and played for a couple of hours, i cant stretch my fingers like am used to and i can’t go as fast as i used to!! Anyone noticed that?? i think the joystick grip ruins the guitarist hands!!!
I don't know about your guitarist hands, but it sure as hell ruined your typing fingers.
Quote by CarpUK
Beat the recession by soldering your strings back together! What's more, the extra metal vibrating back and forth will add to your tone... and what could be more metal than more metal!?!

Quote by biga29
Plz uz reel wurdz bcoz wen u tipe lik this its hard 2 red.
i've been playing MW2 since it came out and I haven't noticed a problem. Maybe your guitarist hands are a little underdeveloped?
Not really, unless I've been gaming all day and my hands have curled into horrible horrible claws.
Not really, unless I've been gaming all day and my hands have curled into horrible horrible claws

this only

maybe u dont warm up enough to get to maximum performability
Maybe you should excersice your fingers more often?
Hagström Swede Goldtop

Modified Squier Strat
screw it - just masturbate furiously to get the blood flowing... that oughta help =DD
Drink more carrot juice.
Quote by Marty Friedman
Because I bend in such an unorthodox fashion; the notes kinda slide up and slide down...
There was one point where I stopped playing guitar and was into playing games with my friends. That time I only played for a few months then stopped. When I came back and took it more seriously I actually played better.
I've been getting better a scrabble the more I play Monopoly.
Freaks me out
Been in Japan since August, no fucking money left!
Sometimes its nice to take a break and focus your attention elsewhere such as playing a game

I know Dragon Age has been eating up A LOT of my time latley
Quote by MeLodicDethMTL
no problem at all realli. I play guitar and games at the same time

Good to know I'm not the only one. Well, I'm assuming you keep it on your lap or have it close and play at load screens, cut scenes, etc?
Current Gear:
Mexican Fender Telecaster
Robert Smith custom Jazzmaster
Stratocaster
Vox AC4TV
I can't get any ideas other then get a jr guitar which is really stupid.
chocalate soda
I don't know about your guitarist hands, but it sure as hell ruined your typing fingers.

i didn't play a guitar for like a 4-5 days when MW2 came out and i can now play the stuff i had trouble with before near perfect

I find if i don't play for a few days every couple of months i get alot better
Quote by Silky Smooth
Sometimes its nice to take a break and focus your attention elsewhere such as playing a game

I know Dragon Age has been eating up A LOT of my time latley

Don't forget the Urn of scared ashes!

yeah, i've been playing alot of dragon age aswell.
Guitars:
LTD Alexi-600 White & Black
LTD Alexi-200 Black(Death Adder pickup & Gold OFR)
Agile Interceptor Pro 727 7-string
Jackson JS30RR rhoads
Jackson DKMGT
Squire telecaster

amps:
Bugera 6262 212 loaded with WGS veteran 30's
Masturbation does wonders for your picking speed!
Gear

Fender Mustang

Fender Telecaster

Fender Frontman 212R

Johnson Marquis JM60

Devi Ever Rocket

Boss Super Phaser

Dunlop Cry Baby GCB-95

Electro-Harmonix Big Muff Pi (NYC)
i havent noticed any difference but then i havent played properly for ages except guitar hero which just cramps up my hand
No, in fact playing games helps give me enough 'high stimulus' activity that I'm able to focus on a low stimulus activity like guitar much better afterwards.
No gods, no countries, no masters.
More guitar, less Ultimate-Guitar.
Be Serious.
Shorties represent!
Ibanez SZ520/Ibanez ORM-1/Ibanez RG7321/Pocket POD/Crate GX/Boss HM-2
Last edited by STABxYOU at Nov 28, 2009,
If you looks in the way that if you spend to much time playing games, and less time practicing, then you could lower some skills which had to be developped
I don't know, guys, he might be right! I mean my xbox has been broken for like 6 and a half months, and I've been doing so much better playing the guitar lately....isn't there some scientific word for this situation?
Oh that's right! Practice! Cuz you aren't practicing when your playing video games, you don't develop skill with the guitar! (sorry Guitar Hero fans, it really doesn't help)

On that note, I still miss my xbox...darn you Microsoft and your faulty EVERYTHING!!!
My babies:
-Epiphone 1958 Korina Explorer
-Peavey Vypyr 30
-Epiphone Hummingbird
Has anyone noticed "vedio" games ruin your spelling skills?

Haha I've never noticed that, the only time that happened to me was because I was sick when Super Smash Bros. Brawl came out, so I played it for 11 hours straight, and I got a blister on my left thumb that made it pretty hard to play guitar... other than that no I haven't.
unless your playing guitar hero
GEAR:
Epiphone Les Paul Special II
Ibanez Rg350m YE
Roland Cube 80X
Squier Acoustic << AWESOME
Quote by summguy
unless your playing guitar hero

no, just no
"Guitar is tactile, It's about how you play it"
- Joe Bonamassa

Quote by Gundamnitpete
Don't forget the Urn of scared ashes!

yeah, i've been playing alot of dragon age aswell.

Hahah yeah

That games too good man, I'm not really a huge fan of that setting either but its done so well I was instantly drawn in.
No.

If anything, guitar ruined my video game skills.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.