Hi, in my experience of guitar buying, it hasnt been very good, i bought a fender jaguar for about 500 pounds which turned out to be a pile of garbage and had been set up all wrong, sold that and bought a gibson sg special and that had the exact same problem, so now i want to sell my gibson, and i have £450 to buy a new guitar. i have been strongly advised to buy a FENDER STRATOCASTER. whats your advise and which guitar should i go for, im in a rock n roll band, ( I cant go over £450)
Well, for Gods sake, try the guitars out before you buy them!

And what do you mean by rock n roll? Like 50s stuff? If so, then look at these models:

http://www.dv247.com/guitars/fender-classic-player-60s-stratocaster-electric-guitar-3-colour-sunburst--41614
http://www.dv247.com/guitars/fender-classic-player-50s-stratocaster-electric-guitar-2-colour-sunburst--41612

If not, still look at them because they're still good sounding and stuff like that, with American pickups, Custom Shop bridges and other modern stuff, but with a vintage vibe to it.

Or, if you want a meatier tone, get something like this:
http://www.dv247.com/guitars/fender-deluxe-fat-strat-electric-guitar-black-rosewood-neck--40853

Still got good pickups, and stuff like that. Both have better wood than just the Standard MIMs, cause Standards can be made with up to about 7 pieces of wood, and has a laminate veneer over the top I think (not to say that they are bad, cause quite frankly they're still amazing guitars to be honest).

Sorry if none of that made sense, I'm really tired
Cam Sampbell's my hero
hi, hahaha i do play them in the shop its just im not the greatest guitarist, im only the rhythm guitarist so i just play alot of bar chords, and what the shops do to trick you into buying them is, they put the guitars through like the best amps in the shop and when your playing them your like wow this is amazing, and then when you get home its not that good, its because im new to all this im only 16 so basically i got abused twice, and i will check out them links you gave me now
as for the first two, i think there a little boring sorry ahaaha but the third one is £455!! is said i cant go over £450 !! haha im only messing, yeah im really into the third one, i will go to a shop and play it through the same amp that i will be using ( Line 6 Flextone iii ) and that way i wont get ripped off, thanks alot,. do you think that im best ordering it from USA, ( I am from liverpool U.K) and i think they rip you off.
heres an interesting flaw in strats for you all; a natural harmonic at the 5th fret will not work when using the neck pickup but will workfine when using the bridge pickup. Well I only have a squier strat standard series if you want to be specific and it happens on that. Im curious as to if it occurs on proper fender strats as well
Quote by ippystratman
heres an interesting flaw in strats for you all; a natural harmonic at the 5th fret will not work when using the neck pickup but will workfine when using the bridge pickup. Well I only have a squier strat standard series if you want to be specific and it happens on that. Im curious as to if it occurs on proper fender strats as well
It's because of the position of the pickup IIRC.

The bridge picks up harmonics much more easier than the neck.
I have a ponytail fetish.
..And a labcoat fetish. SCIENCE!