Me and some friends have just started playing in a band and the songs we are playing goes in C-tuning. The problem is that now I have a lot of fret buzz and I need to buy new strings coz my current strings are really old >.<'

Since I'm a total newbie when it comes to strings I wonder what kind of strings and what size I should have. I would like to have as thick strings as possible to get heavy sound, but I don't really know how thick because it probably will get hard to play with...
GHS do some strings with a 115 low 'E' that I use for C#. I would recommend those
Quote by UraniYum
Fuck you I'm trying to be caring and shit

Quote by Cb4rabid
Okay guys, I have a confession to make. Not really a confession since it's something that's been bugging me for awhile but I've always been in denial about it.

**** you gilly, it's not what you think
5string bass set would be perfect, since a heavy "E" string would compensate for the tension lost without the G string. And be sure to ajust your bridge saddle height and truss rod.
You don't need a Low B set to play C standard, a thicker regular set will do it fine.
All I want is for everyone to go to hell...
...It's the last place I was seen before I lost myself

Quote by DisarmGoliath
You can be the deputy llamma of the recordings forum!
Heavy gauges do wonders for tunings lower than standard.
Damn it! Disable can't use disable to disable Disable's disable because disable's disable has already been disabled by Disable's disable!
ernie ball strings work and sound great with all tunings
use gauges 50-105