i have a epi les paul custom that i bought from a friend as my first real guitar, i bought it for 250 bucks. I played it for awhile until i bought my strat and now i hate how the les paul plays, mainly because it wont stay in tune.

so heres my dilemma, i can either sell the les paul, or improve it back to playable status.

if i updated, i would have to get new tuners, a bridge and have a new saddle cut. and in the best case scenario switch out the pickups with some more my style.
My Gear:
Fender Deluxe Players Strat (loaded w/ Lollar Specials)
MXR Dyna Comp
B.K. Butler Tube Driver
EH Russian Muff
Fulltone GT-500
Keeley modded Boss TR-2 Tremolo
Vox Time Machine Delay
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe (MM transformer)
i dont know, that sounds like a pain to me. and if you dont like how it plays then why upgrade it? i would say save for a new guitar. mabe a nice strat if you like your other one.
JOE DYE
Quote by gitarzan
i have a epi les paul custom that i bought from a friend as my first real guitar, i bought it for 250 bucks. I played it for awhile until i bought my strat and now i hate how the les paul plays, mainly because it wont stay in tune.

so heres my dilemma, i can either sell the les paul, or improve it back to playable status.

if i updated, i would have to get new tuners, a bridge and have a new saddle cut. and in the best case scenario switch out the pickups with some more my style.

Part of it is probably because you have played the Strat for longer so the LP is different.

If it won't stay in tune, bung some nice locking tuners on it, get a new nut, then give it to someone who can cut the nut right and set the action etc for you.

New strings too.
Quote by Cal UK

...that's what Skeet always says anyway and he's a sex god.

Member of the official GB&C "Who to Listen to" list

I support Shay van Fani
I can supply WD Music, ABM and AllParts products to UK builders at DISCOUNTED prices!