Hey guys. I've been a active bass player for almost 5 years now, but a while I go, I realized that I wasn't getting any joy out of bass anymore, since I always found myself playing the same things, so I decided to buy myself a guitar! So, after selling one of my basses, I look at some used guitars, and I stumbled across a particular guitar I just had to buy, so, let's have alook , shall we?

Ahh, a hard-case! hmm, what does it say? Ibanez Prestige?

so, let's open the case then!

ahh, Yes,it's a Ibanez prestige 1570 with EMG 81 and 85 pickups!

Yes, the singlecoil has been taken out, but I'm going to put it in again as a dummy-pickup

the best neck I have ever tried

and, finally, the instruction manual!

So, that's the newest member of my family! I haven't got a amp yet, but I have no need for one, since my room mate has one, and I go to a music school, so I can just borrow someone else amp if I want to pratice. I'm going to get a amp eventually, but I'll wait until the summer, to see how much I have developed my skills.
If you throw a pudding towards a running elephant in a pine forest, will the cookie come and eat you? O.o

Quote by Danno13
With a name like Jesus Lives, you
have bigger issues to worry about than how to get a signature guitar.
Owned
I find a lot of bass players pick up guitar when they're not satisfied with playing anymore. Is this a trend or is it just me? Our band has been looking for a bass player for months and there seems to be a shortage around here. It's such a crucial element though!
Well, I'm not giving up bass! I love playing bass, I just realized that it might be benefital to extend my musical skills and lear another instrument!
If you throw a pudding towards a running elephant in a pine forest, will the cookie come and eat you? O.o

Quote by Danno13
Owned
Quote by SeeEmilyPlay
I find a lot of bass players pick up guitar when they're not satisfied with playing anymore. Is this a trend or is it just me? Our band has been looking for a bass player for months and there seems to be a shortage around here. It's such a crucial element though!

Yeah, we have the same problem here, no bass player available.

Here in my region, actually many guitar players pick up the bass, unlike the bass players in your region, but they don't take lessons or take the bass serious and just play for fun - they don't get any good due to that.
Quote by nocturnal Shade
Well, I'm not giving up bass! I love playing bass, I just realized that it might be benefital to extend my musical skills and lear another instrument!

oh absolutely I totally agree with you. I just see more times than not people straying away from it which is too bad. Congrats on your new guitar she looks good. I'm sure she sounds good too. What amp are you playing through?
Well, I play through a marshall mg15 when I practice in my room. Otherwise, I play through a randal RG100 or a fender frontman 212

Quote by Danno13
Owned
I always thought using a guitar was pretty self-explanatory and wouldn't require the inclusion of an instruction manual...
Quote by Marky_Strummer
I always thought using a guitar was pretty self-explanatory and wouldn't require the inclusion of an instruction manual...

It's more so of how to set up the guitar believe it or not.....

And very nice and it looks like the EMG slotted in without needing any routing you lucky bugger.
What kind of bass amp are you using?
You could easily find yourself a nice disortion pedal and use your bass amp.I used that kind of setup for a while it worked great.
I think it's good for guitarist to play bass,and vice versa.Really opens up your mind and extends your playing.And of course,there is never enough bassists,so the more the merrier.
Seagulls,the chicken of the ocean.

Originally posted by Gunpowder:
Everyone just jumps on the bandwagon and gives the same advice in these situations. You know what? I'm going to be different. Call the firemen.