Hey guys,
Don't know whether to get an orange 1x12 ($350) or an orange 2x12 ($900).
Will I be heard with my 50 watt engl screamer and a 1x12 cab in rehersal and small venue situations? I may be moving to an apartment within the next few months and having a 2x12 would also use up more space...
What do you guys think I should do?
Gear:
Orange tiny terror
ENGL 2x12 cab
PRS Singlecut
MXR GT OD
With a 50 watt tube amp, you'll DEFINITELY be heard, no matter what amount of speakers. But like Banana Wedgie said 2 speakers will get you a better sound and effects will sound much nicer in stereo.
You'll get more depth and bass response, and will appear to sound a little louder with a 212.I find 112 enough for me, since I don't need a lot of bass, but since you've got quite a high gain amp, a 212 will be vital to get the bass you'll be after
the 212 will be fuller and have better bass response...and you can mix up your speaker choices if you want. But the overall volume difference between the 112 and 212 is negligible. I'm heard fine with my 112...even un-mic'd.
Will the tubes be worked much harder with a 1x12 to achieve the same volume levels. I still want a tight sound with minimal feedback.
Gear:
Orange tiny terror
ENGL 2x12 cab
PRS Singlecut
MXR GT OD
why dont you buy 2 1x12?
Quote by angusfan16
I got my sister pregnant once. Yeah, that was awkward, but mostly because she's 6 years younger than me.
Quote by GURREN LAGANN
Does having two of the same speaker really increase your bass that much?

Yeah, quite noticeably so. IMO an amp sounds quite a bit different through a 2x12 than a 1x12. Much better.
LesPaul
Pedals
OrangeRocker30
My band
PBT Native: Resident Graphics Monkey

Do you want a 212? If so, why just Orange; a 212 Avatar cab would be under $400, which is only slightly more then the orange equivalent.
I'm in Australia dude...
And I want a cabinet that I can confidently use for the next few years... maybe even for a few decades if it doesn't break and continues to satisfy me sound wise.
Gear:
Orange tiny terror
ENGL 2x12 cab
PRS Singlecut
MXR GT OD
Quote by howey
I'm in Australia dude...
And I want a cabinet that I can confidently use for the next few years... maybe even for a few decades if it doesn't break and continues to satisfy me sound wise.

Oh.

212s will have more bass response and more overall "presence" then 112s. Also they make your stage penis bigger.