Poll: Are you Left or Right Handed?
Poll Options
View poll results: Are you Left or Right Handed?
I'm Left Handed
72 31%
I'm Right Handed
164 69%
Voters: 236.
Page 1 of 2
I think this would be quite an interesting question to ask.

So, as the title of the thread reads, Are you left Handed or Right Handed?

I'm new to the UG forums, so I decided to give the community an interesting topic, based upon peoples preferred, or most used hand for every day tasks.

I'll start off, and I am left handed, and on top of that, I was also born premature (1 Month Early)

Reason I say that, is because most Doctors say that if you are Left handed it Starts from when your in Womb. And quite frankly the little people that I know (Minority) whom are left Handed, are also premature. Although a couple of my friends, albeit a small number of them who weren't Born premature are also left handed.

As I was saying, reason behind this controversy of whether or not it starts in the Womb, is because when you Are left handed, the right side of your Brain isn't over powered over the left Side of your brain. Therefore Both sides of your brain, are relatively equal.

There is a study going on, that Left handed people, are more able to "acquire & remember" information better than right handed people. Reason being, like I stated before, Both sides of your Brain are more equal, allowing for better processing of information.

So without further A due, what hand do you use? (As in Write with, or do more "stuff" with one hand over the other)

And just to throw it out there, are you also Prematurely born?
Also i know this is weird, but although i am left handed i play guitar right handed, because when i was six my grandparents gave me my first guitar and they didnt even know there were left and right handed guitars. By the time i realized there was a difference i was already comfortable with a right handed guitar. So if you do anything weird like that too please dont hesitate to share.
Last edited by Firstnamesmusic at Nov 28, 2009,
I'm not a freak/left-handed
(jus jokin)
Hagström Swede Goldtop

Modified Squier Strat
I'm upper-middle-right handed.
wen i ask they say that they fall into the habit smhw ........but nyways i think there is a connection smwhere. Now i being a teetollar will not give into this habit nyhw

FOR JUST £2 A WEEK, YOU CAN PREVENT THIS.
lol, in all seriousness I was 5 weeks premature and I can't do shit with my left hand... except play guitar and baseball gloves.

████████████
████████████

RBY CYOA
Quote by lefthandman9876
im searchbar handed

I could've sworn you were left-handed.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Quote by lefthandman9876
im searchbar handed

Dude he's new so, lets give him some slack.
Anyways im right handed.
What? This is my sig...

Gear:

Guitar(s)
Silvertone: Revolver

Guitar FX
Boss ME:70

Amps/Speakers

Silvertone 15 watt amp
Logitech Practice Speakers

Cables
1 Neutrik 15ft cable
1 First Act 4 ft cable
I'm left-handed. Play guitar left-handed. Only in sports am I right-handed (in hockey I shoot right, in tennis I hold the racquet in my right hand, etc.).
MATTERHORN
i was born literally at midnight on the day i was due, which i thought was cool, but im all kinds of messed up in this department. i write with my right hand. throw with my left. shoot a hockey puck left handed. play guitar right handed ( albeit, i wanted to play it lefty at first, by my dad made me learn on a right handed guitar so i just got comfortable with it.) back when i played baseball i could easily bat both ways. pretty much every time i sit down to eat, my fork is in a different hand. etc etc. i dont get it. but its weird.
Quote by wlcm2themachine
Does this rag smell like chloroform to you?

Quote by ChemicalFire
You sir, are a god amongst men

MY GEAR:
...apparently, i have too much. i cant list it without going over the character limit.
I'm right handed. But I'm ambidextrous when eating, with utensils and shiz... I don't know if everyone's like that but yar
Lefty, but I still play guitar righty.
Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens.

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace.

-Jimi Hendrix-

Quote by CodySG
You know you're in the drug thread when you see pictures of squash and "tuna nigga!" when you click the page.
Quote by jburde
I'm right handed. But I'm ambidextrous when eating, with utensils and shiz... I don't know if everyone's like that but yar

Ambidextrous means 'equally adept in the use of both hands". So, unless you can write equally well with either hand, you're probably not.
Right handed, I hold my cutlery back to front though.
St. Mirren F.C
Champions of Renfrewshire Since 2006
SPL Survivors Since 2006
I'm lefty, but I play right-handed. I was a couple of weeks early, but not a preemie.

Interesting thing about being left-handed: did you know that gays are significantly more likely to be left-handed than straights? I don't know where bis fit into this, though.
I am left handed, wasn't born prematurely, play guitar right handed and have good hand writing.

There is a study going on, that Left handed people, are more able to "acquire & remember" information better than right handed people.

This also seems to be true with me.

Edit: Based on how people react to me picking stuff up extremly quickly and how I do barely any study compared to the others in my class and still get high marks
Last edited by MapOfYourHead at Nov 28, 2009,
I'm left handed and was not born premature. Muhahaha your theory is rendered false! but in all seriousness, I do everything with my left hand. My right hand might be retarded
Gold jacket, green jacket, who gives a shit?

you consider whether your left or right handed an interesting question?

seriously?

****in November 09er
Quote by asator
YOU'RE A CUNT AND STUFF LESPAUL1216.

It's okay because whatever, forever
Quote by Kensai
I could've sworn you were left-handed.

Brilliant stuff.

Quote by Holy Katana

Interesting thing about being left-handed: did you know that gays are significantly more likely to be left-handed than straights? I don't know where bis fit into this, though.

Seriously? I'm not buying that. Show me the studies please.

On topic; Ambidextrous but favour my right. I'm surprised at how many have chosen left seen as it is apparently 10% approximately.
Blog Of Awesome UGers.
Quote by OddOneOut
I seem to attract girls.
Which is annoying, cos I'm a girl and I like cock.

Quote by IRISH_PUNK13
Being an idiot should be illegal too.
my dad is left handed, but he plays guitar right handed
GENERIC SIGNATURE
Page 1 of 2