I am seriouly GASing for one of these at the moment...

http://bass-guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Cort-Curbow-4String-Bass?sku=512717

but I need another 5 string next...
So my question is... does anyone know of any production models (from any company) with similar specs, looks etc.?
I'm not fussy about which woods at the moment, so that isn't an issue.

Thanks
Quote by UraniYum
Fuck you I'm trying to be caring and shit

Quote by Cb4rabid
Okay guys, I have a confession to make. Not really a confession since it's something that's been bugging me for awhile but I've always been in denial about it.

**** you gilly, it's not what you think
really? I can't find one anywhere

EDIT: shit, a simple google search would've saved me so much time...

OK change of question: Does anyone know of any other basses like that one?
Quote by UraniYum
Fuck you I'm trying to be caring and shit

Quote by Cb4rabid
Okay guys, I have a confession to make. Not really a confession since it's something that's been bugging me for awhile but I've always been in denial about it.

**** you gilly, it's not what you think
Last edited by gilly_90 at Nov 28, 2009,
Lefty Strat Copy w/ GFS Lil' killer rails + Crazy wiring
Lefty Kona Thinline Acoustic/Electric
Righty-to-Lefty Silvertone Bass
Righty-to-Lefty Memphis Short Scale Bass
Vox AD30VT-XL

Tascam US-428 USB Interface Mixer
Guitar Rig 3
Last edited by GeToChKn at Nov 28, 2009,
The Ibanez BTB series are pretty much the same but better, they don't have a slap switch and are mahogany usually but they have a neck pup which the Cort is lacking. BTBs aren't nearly as fugly either, easier to find too.
Ahhh, the BTB and the Curbow series are two completely different basses, one being made of luthite and the other mahogany, one having one pickup and the Curbow having 27 frets from memory and both sound definetly different.

Gibson Les Paul Traditional Satin
Fender 72' Thinline Telecaster
Fender Am Telecaster
Bad Cat HotCat 30R

Korg Pitchblack
Xotic BB Preamp
TC Flashback X4
Strymon Timeline
EHX POG 2
JHS Double Barrel
Tye curbow comes in 5 string aswell.
Yamaha TRB1006
Fender MIA jazz bass
Hora Hybrid double bass
Hartke lh 500
Ev 606L
Epiphone les paul
Well, as has been said, the Curbow comes in a 5-er version (which I happen to be GASing for).

If you like the luthite body, you could try and find one of those old Ibanez Ergodyne's. Rosewood fingerboard instead of ebanol like on the Cort, but they do have two pickups. Played a 5 string one at guitar center yesterday, and it played like a dream.

EDIT: you'd definitely have to look used though, sadly the line has been discontinued
Composite Aficionado

Spector and Markbass
Last edited by Tostitos at Nov 28, 2009,
Yes, the BTB's are much, much different. Completely different feel, sound, etc. In other words, everything important about a bass. I have the five-string, I personally don't like it too much, I prefer the sound of a wood bass.
The bass is a production version of a Greg Curbow custom design. I believe that Curbow basses are still being made, even though Greg Curbow has since passed away.

http://www.myspace.com/curbowstringinstruments

Cort does make a five-string version of that bass. The body is some sort of plastic material called "luthite." The one I played sounded OK and played well, but the small body made playing it while sitting down somewhat difficult. It is definitely made to be played while standing up.