hey, so i have my me-70 wich comes with a great harmonizer, you can select the note and choise to use +3 4 5 6 7 8 notes or -3 4 5 6 7 8 i think.
so, im a fan of iron maiden and dave and adrian use a lot this of harmonize some riffs like the trooper, or wasting love, whatever.
but i cant figure out how to set the settings of the harmonizer to get the same sound of the trooper.
so does anyone of you know how to set the harmoniser for an iron maiden song? doesnt care wich song, i only care to play jaja,
also if you know about any other song of another band tell me
does it let you choose key to? Or does it just alter the pitch with the same interval regardless of what you play? in that case it's not gonna work (well). many of maidens harmonies are thirds or fifth, meaning the notes differ with the intervals of a third or a fifth

for example if in Em: (E F# G A B C D)
a sequence E G A would have a harmony in thirds with EDIT: G B C

Im not an expert but I think Í got the terminology right=)
hope it helps.
Last edited by jocke_x1 at Nov 28, 2009,
Yeah if it just follows every pitch and harmonizes to a set interval it's not going to work except for octaves
you need to be able to set the key, most of that kind of harmonization is major and minor thirds
does it let you choose key to? Or does it just alter the pitch with the same interval regardless of what you play? in that case it's not gonna work (well). many of maidens harmonies are thirds or fifth, meaning the notes differ with the intervals of a third or a fifth

a sequence E G A would have a harmony in thirds with G A B

hope it helps.

yeahh you can choose the key of course, do you know any song??
Quote by jocke_x1

a sequence E G A would have a harmony in thirds with G A B

hope it helps.

Quote by Demonikk
'Practice amp' = amp you practice with? In my case, Peavey 6505+ and 4x12
I don't do things small

Except children.
^oh crap that completly wrong haha wrote it too fast!

well the Trooper is in Em i belive so try that and with -6 if you play the thrill lick
7tr(8) on the B string. or +6 if you play the lower harmony.

just try and find the keys of other songs, and test with different harmonies when you know what key it is.