Are you seriously asking this question? I hate to sound like a dick, but the nps count means nothing in music, even shred. It's all based on how you hear it.
Quote by AA00P
Listen to the man, he's Jewish.
ummm...
more than a 2 fret bend but less than tremelo picking?
Quote by grimms
All I know is that if UG were a prison, all of us will either be dead, a prison bitch, or a dead prison bitch.

Quote by ILuvPillows?
ummm...
more than a 2 fret bend but less than tremelo picking?

+1
I would say like 8 notes per second?
Quote by deucedeucemr2
My knight in shining armor.

Quote by kstar22bassist
I like you sir. I would like to congratulate you on how awesome you are. You make me think that there is hope for humanity yet.

Quote by Venice King
Quote by toine
shred is in the eye of the beholder

well, kirk's solo isnt THAT fast

jeez
this signature has my gear in it. nothing more, nothing less

Gear
Ibanez S770PB
Jackson Rhoads
Custom Strat
Agile Al 3100
Rainbow Music Shop Custom Les Paul
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Bugera 6260 212
Line 6 Spider III
Well in the 'Fastest Guitarists Thread' in the 80's Shred and Progressive section of the Bands and Artists, the minimum is 14nps.
Shred is more about density than linear speed. Shredders tend to play MANY notes, whether it's fast or slow. BB King is therefore not shred. Neither is The Edge.

John Petrucci's "Glasgow Kiss" is at a lively pace, but most of it isn't insanely fast. It does contain a lot of notes.
most guitarist cant do past 12, the record is 23 tho last I herd, Its hard to count how many notes a second you play, and that doesnt really mean your are shred if you are just playing alot of notes, they have to be in scales and stuff
amps
Vox Ac 30 (main)
Fender Supersonic with Krank Krankenstien 4x12
OR 50 with 4 x 12
Gassing for ibanes airplane flanger