Dunno if this should go here so sorry.

Basically, i'm doing AS level music. I didn't do it for GCSE and even though i've been playing guitar for a fair amount of type I only really know the basics of theory.

Now i'm doing it for AS I have the worst imaginable teacher, who assumes I know everything already and now he's set a composition task, where I have to write a fanfare, and he implied we should do it for the instrument we play. So considering I have literally never composed anything in my life I am completely stuck Let alone the fact a fanfare on a classical guitar makes no sense to me.

Any suggestions?
Quote by undecided1993
<snip> and he implied we should do it for the instrument we play. <snip>
Any suggestions?

Teacher probably considers that it will be an easier task for you when using a familiar instrument.
But I'd ignore it and write for brass, imo acoustic guitar is totally unsuitable for a convincing fanfare, although high gain electric guitar(s) may work well. If writing for brass make sure you research pitch and transposition constraints.
Quote by R.Christie
Teacher probably considers that it will be an easier task for you when using a familiar instrument.
But I'd ignore it and write for brass, imo acoustic guitar is totally unsuitable for a convincing fanfare, although high gain electric guitar(s) may work well. If writing for brass make sure you research pitch and transposition constraints.

Thanks for the advice.