hey, im getting the Peavey XXX 212, I have no pedals atm, but looking to invest. I play alot of metal and clean, somtimes in drop D and drop D#. Iv been looking at a phase 90 so far, but would like a bit more variety. Any suggestions would be great.

Cheers

Josh
A delay is always nice for leads or cleans.

An overdrive can come in handy too, as can an EQ for tone shaping possibilities.

If you want something a bit crazier, maybe look into the Digitech Whammy.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
Quote by Raijouta
A delay is always nice for leads or cleans.

An overdrive can come in handy too, as can an EQ for tone shaping possibilities.

If you want something a bit crazier, maybe look into the Digitech Whammy.

Ok thanks, i was thinking i could do with a tuner pedal, what would you recomend
Korg Pitchblack is pretty much the standard recommendation here, and for good reason.

Is there any effect that you think you NEED first before you start making a list? Off the top of my head, for you, I think a tuner and noise suppressor would be ideal to start. Then maybe an EQ or OD. Then look into modulation pedals.
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Highway One Telecaster
Dean Evo
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals
Quote by LaidBack
Korg Pitchblack is pretty much the standard recommendation here, and for good reason.

Is there any effect that you think you NEED first before you start making a list? Off the top of my head, for you, I think a tuner and noise suppressor would be ideal to start. Then maybe an EQ or OD. Then look into modulation pedals.

Yea i understand, what noise suppressor would you recomend?
ISP Decimator
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Highway One Telecaster
Dean Evo
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals
How much cash do you have? If not a lot, then I'd recommend getting a chorus instead of a phaser. And I always recommend a decent overdrive pedal as well. Wah's are always fun. A noise suppressor would do good too because the Triple XXX can get really gainy and build up some noise, especially with an OD.
Jackson RR5 ivory w/ EMG 81/85
Jackson DX6 w/ SD Distortion & Dimarzio Super Distortion
Fender Starcaster Sunburst
Mesa/Boogie DC-3
Johnson JT50 Mirage
Ibanez TS-9
Morley Bad Horsie 2
Boss CE-5

ISP Decimator
Boss DD-6
Korg Pitchblack
A noise gate is a must especially if your playing a higher volumes. An eq pedal is nice to have as well. Chorus would make the cleans nicer, and on my xxx the reverb is very subtle, I plan o get a reverb pedal.
Agile AL3000
Douglas WRL90
SX SR1 STD Plus
J&D Strat
Squier Tele
Sammick TR2
Douglas Draco
Peavey JSX
Bugera V5
TWANGED VJ