Page 2 of 23
Dude u guys are harsh as hell! Periphery is awesome. straight up.

And Djent is nothing new.. its been around for awhile but its just started to get big in America.

dont hate djent because some scene band sells it out.. its a sick style that still has ALOT of room for experimentation which is why i love it.

just my 2 cents
Quote by DearChi_Guitars
Dude u guys are harsh as hell! Periphery is awesome. straight up.

And Djent is nothing new.. its been around for awhile but its just started to get big in America.

dont hate djent because some scene band sells it out.. its a sick style that still has ALOT of room for experimentation which is why i love it.

just my 2 cents

You could not have missed the point better if you were aiming in the other direction and the point was in a different country altogether.
Quote by Magero
You could not have missed the point better if you were aiming in the other direction and the point was in a different country altogether.

Magero just hates good production, that's my 2 cents
::Evades Point::
Quote by AluminumOxide
Cobain killed himself before he learned to play guitar.

Gibson SG Special
Schecter C1-Plus
Quote by Magero
Worst. Deduction. Ever.

You could not have missed my point if you were swinging a dead cat in a room full of chandeliers.
I was trying to avoid making any sort of contribution to the thread, and instead, poking fun at the fact that you hate the Michael Keene personally and seek to ruin his career by stabbing at his fine workmanship on TNR(The New Raindrop). It's no big whoops, deduction is my strong suit.
Quote by AluminumOxide

Gibson SG Special
Schecter C1-Plus
I just saw them with Veil of Maya, Animals as Leaders, and Circle of Contempt. Periphery was pretty good but the whole iron maiden, 3 guitar thing is useless. I mean, they have the lead guy playing a seven string doing his thing, another guy playing rhythm, and some other guy doing some minor 2nd riffs over and over and occasionally a litte feel, but that's about it. If they took one guitar out they'd be a lot better.
Quote by Rufiothebandito
You could not have missed my point if you were swinging a dead cat in a room full of chandeliers.
I was trying to avoid making any sort of contribution to the thread, and instead, poking fun at the fact that you hate the Michael Keene personally and seek to ruin his career by stabbing at his fine workmanship on TNR(The New Raindrop). It's no big whoops, deduction is my strong suit.

Except the point isn't a chandelier.

Also;
1: I don't hate MK. I think he's a good dude, a decent producer and an awesome song writer.
2. The New Reign does have terrible production. Like. Bone-shatteringly bad. That doesn't mean I dislike the album. In fact, I love it.
C. My point was that the kid was praising djent but was misguided on several points. The idea of that it can involve "experimentation", the idea of scene kids playing and the idea that it's good.
Quote by Magero
Except the point isn't a chandelier.

Also;
1: I don't hate MK. I think he's a good dude, a decent producer and an awesome song writer.
2. The New Reign does have terrible production. Like. Bone-shatteringly bad. That doesn't mean I dislike the album. In fact, I love it.
C. My point was that the kid was praising djent but was misguided on several points. The idea of that it can involve "experimentation", the idea of scene kids playing and the idea that it's good.

I know, I was just messing with you and using heaping amounts of sarcasm.
It doesn't translate so well via text
Quote by AluminumOxide

Gibson SG Special
Schecter C1-Plus
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u_TWeDQ5yik

More recent vid of the singer.

He musta been sick in the vid i had posted. Cause he sounds great here.
"We wanna have fun and we wanna get wasted." - Andrew W.K.

Quote by baltour;39385525
I think devildriver, lamb of god and killswitch are the best black metal probably ever.

Quote by andyq777
the clean vox weren't bad a lot

XBL: Tim The Hero
Quote by Rufiothebandito
I know, I was just messing with you and using heaping amounts of sarcasm.
It doesn't translate so well via text

Then all is forgiven. I don't detect sarcasm well in people I hardly talk to
Quote by Tim Remains
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u_TWeDQ5yik

More recent vid of the singer.

He musta been sick in the vid i had posted. Cause he sounds great here.

That's Chris, the old singer. Check the date of the video. It's from August.
Shit my bad. ha

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yGx02Omkyu8

I meant this.

I think devildriver, lamb of god and killswitch are the best black metal probably ever.

Quote by andyq777

yeaa give em a few months of touring with them and he'll have it spot on.

Quote by andyq777

Light off the new album is on myspace now.

Holy..shit..yes.

I love the new vocals.

Quote by andyq777

Quote by Tim Remains
Light off the new album is on myspace now.

Holy..shit..yes.

I love the new vocals.

Eh. I really don't. His cleans are great and some of the higher notes he hits are AWESOME, but his scream is terrible. Egh.
^This. I think he's a better singer than Chris was as far as range, but his scream is nowhere near as good, plus i just don't really like the timbre of his voice as much as Chris, he had some sick jazzy thing going on that I was a fan of.
Quote by seeneyj
I thought the whole idea of post-hardcore was to mix techno and hardcore.....
Quote by zezimathehero
^This. I think he's a better singer than Chris was as far as range, but his scream is nowhere near as good, plus i just don't really like the timbre of his voice as much as Chris, he had some sick jazzy thing going on that I was a fan of.

Yep.
Quote by MustangMan311
Never liked any of their singing. They've all had that nasally Canadian feel to each of their voices.

....o_O

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5CugnVOTPAM
Best vocals. Best song.
Quote by MustangMan311
Never liked any of their singing. They've all had that nasally Canadian feel to each of their voices.

Hey, what're you talking aboot eh?
But actually. I have no idea. Maybe if you consider Rody Walker to be the entire population of Canada.
Quote by seeneyj
Haha, maybe it's just me being a generalizing American, but every Canadian "prog" band has the same whiny vocals, similar to The Human Abstract. Hate them so much.

That version of Icarus Lives is the best that I've heard, and definitely has less of the "Canadian voice" I'm talking about.
Quote by MustangMan311
Haha, maybe it's just me being a generalizing American, but every Canadian "prog" band has the same whiny vocals, similar to The Human Abstract. Hate them so much.

That version of Icarus Lives is the best that I've heard, and definitely has less of the "Canadian voice" I'm talking about.

That's their original vocalist, Casey Sabol. Easily the best they've had. I love his voice so much.
I don't think their music is suited for clean vocals at all.
My band, Escher
My progressive rock project, Mosaic

Quote by Lappo
clearly, the goal is to convert every thread into a discussion about BTBAM

BTBAM IS ALWAYS RELEVANT
The only cleans I've ever liked in this band were Chris's in Light. The part where it's like

REEEEEEEETURN FROOOOM THE FAAAAAAAAALLLL

was amazing. I donno how much I like Casey, maybe because i started listening to them when they had no vocalist. Then they got Chris and I thought he ruled. What happened to Chris, anyways?
Quote by seeneyj
Last edited by zezimathehero at Mar 14, 2010,
Holy ****. I just randomly came across this band, and just after hearing two songs "Icarus Lives" and "Light", and can say that I'm definitely becoming a fan.

So from what I've read, the vocalist on Icarus Lives, isn't the same vocalist as "Light", the one on their myspace?...right?
Quote by Ignite

So from what I've read, the vocalist on Icarus Lives, isn't the same vocalist as "Light", the one on their myspace?...right?

That depends which Icarus Lives you've heard. The one with the current singer's been released on some sites, but you PROBABLY heard the one with Casey, their original (and best) singer.
Quote by MustangMan311

They're all just trying to be Geddy Lee.
Quote by emoboy027
Is fingering an emo chick that likes yoy and that has fallen in love with you is it wrong to you to finger her during lunch outside in front of everyone at the high school? would you not care or lol even wish it was you?

Youztoobz
MIDI Magicalness!
Yeah, I heard the one with Casey... but I do like their newest vocalist.

Also, what is this? It has a bunch of random tracks and "test" tracks and weird stuff:
http://btjunkie.org/torrent/Periphery-Periphery-2008/4358d309768b1b480a13ff6fc08c4a015b257182b334

I read there just releasing their debut album.. so this can't be it, but it's them.

edit:
I downloaded it... my god are they funny. Songs like "I lost my lunch in my pants" and "inertia ass"... and then they get all djent.
Last edited by Ignite at Mar 14, 2010,
^Just another compilation of random demos. Bulb just does that every now and again, puts out enough myspace tracks for people to put them together into a download package.
Can't believe they haven't even released an album yet, and they're signed to Sumerian and doing these huge tours. Not cool.
Also, both the new vocalists fit like a size 2 sneaker would on Cthulhu. The problem with being the band who practically invented this style, is that by now, they just sound like everyone else who's gotten their act together and actually put out an album. It's like Scar Symmetry's vocalist lost his decent harsh range, joined Meshuggah and then Tosin Abasi started writing the drums instead of Tomas Haake.
Last edited by Magero at Mar 14, 2010,
Quote by Magero

Also, both the new vocalist fits like a size 2 sneaker would on Cthulhu.

Quite the (awesome) analogy there.
Quote by emoboy027
Is fingering an emo chick that likes yoy and that has fallen in love with you is it wrong to you to finger her during lunch outside in front of everyone at the high school? would you not care or lol even wish it was you?

Youztoobz
MIDI Magicalness!
Well, I wasn't going to be a nazi over an "s"...
Quote by emoboy027

Youztoobz
MIDI Magicalness!
I'm a big fan of this band... I'd literally scream like a little girl if they came to town.
/gay

Seriously though, can't wait for their debut to be released. Although Chris grew on me, I'll probably get used to Spencer's screams.
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
Quote by Magero
Yeah, but you never know what's gonna set off a Grammar Nazi into a heilstorm of corrections.

Maybe if you concentrated a little harder, you wouldn't have to worry about that.
/tasteless
Quote by emoboy027

Youztoobz
MIDI Magicalness!
As do I, but it's late over here on the Western Hemisphere, so that's my excuse.
Quote by emoboy027

Youztoobz
MIDI Magicalness!