Page 3 of 23
I love that to Canada, America is South AND North. Miiiiindfucccccccck...
Quote by emoboy027
Is fingering an emo chick that likes yoy and that has fallen in love with you is it wrong to you to finger her during lunch outside in front of everyone at the high school? would you not care or lol even wish it was you?

Youztoobz
MIDI Magicalness!
Quote by Magero
I love that to Australia, technically Japan is west and America is east.

/mind-blown
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
Our animals are basically the Kamikazee bombers of the animal kingdom.

Respect.
Quote by emoboy027
Is fingering an emo chick that likes yoy and that has fallen in love with you is it wrong to you to finger her during lunch outside in front of everyone at the high school? would you not care or lol even wish it was you?

Youztoobz
MIDI Magicalness!
All moose are like that...

Given the choice of living a happy moose life, or careening through your windshield, they'll always choose the latter.
Quote by emoboy027

Youztoobz
MIDI Magicalness!
I think I prefer Walk with the old vocalist
The lives of thousands in my hands
I’ve come to take back what’s rightfully mine and now you’re damned
The lights grow dark in their homes
But our road is lit by fire from the sky
So we push forward

Last.fm
Quote by ride-the-spiral
I think I prefer Walk with the old vocalist

I do too, but holy shit the instrumentals are so much tighter. I can't stop listening to it. His scream is so weak that everything else overpowers it enough that I can just tone it out.
The walk on their myspace is sick.....it sounds so good from the old soundclick version i had
Quote by scaryfried

atleast i got the inside joke.

I got it too
I just really didn't know what to say in response.
Quote by emoboy027

Youztoobz
MIDI Magicalness!
I want to hear this Loomis solo.
My band, Escher
My progressive rock project, Mosaic

Quote by Lappo
clearly, the goal is to convert every thread into a discussion about BTBAM

BTBAM IS ALWAYS RELEVANT
Can anybody hook me up with a link?

EDIT: Oh wait I think I got it! That took a while... Sorry this is the 2nd time I've done this
So we push forward

Last.fm
Last edited by ride-the-spiral at Apr 9, 2010,
I haven't heard it yet (still downloading), but my friend who sent me the link always seems to hit the nail on the head with his impressions of albums. Here's what he said, which sounds about right from the couple songs I did hear:
"First impressions: great production, some chords sound a little muddier than on the demos but on the whole everything sounds awesome, especially considering how thick and busy this stuff is. This record is a looooong 72 minutes, which might be a little too long considering it's already been nearly an hour by the time ...we hit the 15 minute closer which is stylistically the same as what preceded it... it is an awesome song, though, with a sweet guest solo by Jeff Loomis. Really, the biggest downside to the length is having to tolerate Spencer's vocals for that long, because he does have a truly unpleasant voice... but the vocal arrangements themselves are mostly solid, and a lot of Casey's arrangements are present. Anyway, on the whole I'd say it came out awesome - just wait until you hear Insomnia - but it's also disappointing that they had to switch vocalists last minute after a 5 year buildup."

Also, I'm so stoked to hear the Loomis solo.
Ironic that Bulb's own recordings sound about 10x better than the album mix.
Quote by Tallman
Ironic that Bulb's own recordings sound about 10x better than the album mix.

Bulb is like one of the best metal producers so not surprising. He produced SFTPs new album which I love.
AK-47. The very best there is. When you absolutely, positively got to kill every motherfucker in the room, accept no substitutes.

Quote by RU Experienced?
It's comical because you are clearly an average to below-average bear.
I still think Chris would've been better for Periphery but:
1. he's already in Haunted Shores
2. I can live with Spencer. He's not horrible, just not my favorite
RIP Jasmine You.

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
Quote by P1ayingW1thF1re
I'm really debating getting this album. I hate the vocals, but I enjoy djent... :S

http://www.merchconnectioninc.com/collections/periphery

^B-b-b-but, Jeff Loomis guest solo??
RIP Jasmine You.

Quote by FaygoBro420
please link me
Quote by seeneyj
I thought the whole idea of post-hardcore was to mix techno and hardcore.....
I still wonder why this is in the Hardcore forum...
So we push forward

Last.fm
Quote by ride-the-spiral
I still wonder why this is in the Hardcore forum...

Probably coz they're signed with Sumerian...and Sumerian pretty much only signs -core bands.
The Faceless are in the Metal forum.
So we push forward

Last.fm
There's a thread in the metal forum for these guys that was started in like, 2007 anyway. I'm not surprise the more popular thread is in the hardcore forum tbh. The metal forum has only recently begun actually listening to bands before decrying them as terrible core garbage.
Quote by Magero
There's a thread in the metal forum for these guys that was started in like, 2007 anyway. I'm not surprise the more popular thread is in the hardcore forum tbh. The metal forum has only recently begun actually listening to bands before decrying them as terrible core garbage.

I think I actually started that thread. haha
Quote by saxaxe
I think I actually started that thread. haha

You did indeed

I'm currently posting in both threads for some reason, so I'm just gonna keep that up until the mods notice and one or both get closed. ^_^

No srsly, downloading the album, will post opinions.
I'm actually really hoping I'm proved wrong, because right now my opinion is "this is gonna suuuuuck".
Quote by Magero
You did indeed

I'm currently posting in both threads for some reason, so I'm just gonna keep that up until the mods notice and one or both get closed. ^_^

No srsly, downloading the album, will post opinions.
I'm actually really hoping I'm proved wrong, because right now my opinion is "this is gonna suuuuuck".

Well none of the songs are really new. They're all the songs Bulb and Periphery have been throwing around, just recorded REALLY well and with the new mediocre vocalist.