Page 4 of 23
I just want to hear Zylgrox really. That song does fucking rule.

Oh and, there was a compilation of tracks going around not long ago. Like, 18 tracks or something, the first one starts with all airy fairy synths and then goes into sick off beats and soloing. Can't remember the title, and I don't have my mp3 library with me. Halp?
Quote by Magero

Oh and, there was a compilation of tracks going around not long ago. Like, 18 tracks or something, the first one starts with all airy fairy synths and then goes into sick off beats and soloing. Can't remember the title, and I don't have my mp3 library with me. Halp?

Zyglrox is SO GOOD with vocals. Can't think of which one you're talkin about though. Sorry.
Quote by ride-the-spiral
Can anybody hook me up with a link?

EDIT: Oh wait I think I got it! That took a while... Sorry this is the 2nd time I've done this

Can you hook me up with the link? I've been looking everywhere!

EDIT: Oh Shit! Haha, I found it right after i posted this. Can't wait to listen to this shit!

Also, I actually really like Spencer. I think he's better for their image. Not to be racist or anything, I just don't see a black dude (is he black?) with an afro as someone who would take music like this seriously. I did like his vocals but I think Spencer is just overall better.
Call me Andrew!

Check Out My Band
Here

Quote by DimebagLivesOn
Well you're wrong and stupid and I don't like you.

Quote by nashawa
You know who's a good troll? Me. Because I'm secretly in love with Pandy.
Last edited by synestershadows at Apr 9, 2010,
Quote by synestershadows
Can you hook me up with the link? I've been looking everywhere!

1. Google
2. periphery - periphery 2010 blogspot
3. metal to the core
4. ???
5. profit!
Quote by Magero
1. Google
2. periphery - periphery 2010 blogspot
3. metal to the core
4. ???
5. profit!

4 and 5?

Quote by Magero

Chances are it'll be among these 147 songs: http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=147108&content=music
Call me Andrew!

Check Out My Band
Here

Quote by DimebagLivesOn

Quote by nashawa
It's a South Park reference.
The lives of thousands in my hands
I’ve come to take back what’s rightfully mine and now you’re damned
The lights grow dark in their homes
But our road is lit by fire from the sky
So we push forward

Last.fm
Wow I watch a lot of South Park and I didn't get it. What episode is it from?

EDIT: Vocally, I think Spencer and Chris are almost exactly the same.
Call me Andrew!

Check Out My Band
Here

Quote by DimebagLivesOn

Quote by nashawa
Quote by synestershadows
Wow I watch a lot of South Park and I didn't get it. What episode is it from?

EDIT: Vocally, I think Spencer and Chris are almost exactly the same.

The underpants gnomes episode.

Also, Spencer and Chris are drastically different, I think. Spencer's scream is a lot less intense and his cleans are more generic, except when he really pushes for those high notes and puts a lot of grit on his voice; I actually really like it then.
Chris seemed more "jazzy" when he did cleans, they had a bit of dirt to them all the time. Spencer's seem too generic and bland to me. Also, Chris's screams blow Spencer's out of the water.
Quote by seeneyj
I thought the whole idea of post-hardcore was to mix techno and hardcore.....
If he wanted to, he could sound exactly like Chris but he decided to do something different and it worked.

I thought Racecar was gonna be one of those long ass songs that's actually just two songs separated by 5 minutes of nothingness but it's actually 15 minutes long. That's ****in awesome!
Call me Andrew!

Check Out My Band
Here

Quote by DimebagLivesOn

Quote by nashawa
Magero I think the song your looking for is called Coldemark.
So we push forward

Last.fm
Quote by ride-the-spiral
Magero I think the song your looking for is called Coldemark.

What this guy said.
Cheers broseph.

I have an uberly long review of the album, track by track, which I will post in the metal forum's thread. Because this thread already has enough of my vitrolic hate.
You're going to review an album based on one listen?
So we push forward

Last.fm
Yes. Because I was so utterly bored with the first listen that I never want to hear it again. To be fair, each song got at least 1 full play through (except Racecar. 15 minutes? GFYS) and multiple "skip throughs". I've heard the damn album.
well you can't do a track by track review without listening to the whole album.
Call me Andrew!

Check Out My Band
Here

Quote by DimebagLivesOn

Quote by nashawa
Quote by synestershadows
well you can't do a track by track review without listening to the whole album.

This.
Which is what I did.

I did forget to mention that the production itself is great except for Totala Mad for some reason. TM sounds like it's buried under a layer of mud, and the mud is actually concrete. Made of lead. I know what I said.
Quote by Magero
This.
Which is what I did.

I did forget to mention that the production itself is great except for Totala Mad for some reason. TM sounds like it's buried under a layer of mud, and the mud is actually concrete. Made of lead. I know what I said.

Yeah it doesn't have the same feeling as the other songs.

There's also gonna be an extra song on iTunes. So, maybe wait for that.
Call me Andrew!

Check Out My Band
Here

Quote by DimebagLivesOn

Quote by nashawa
I actually love the vocals and the album is pretty great.
AK-47. The very best there is. When you absolutely, positively got to kill every motherfucker in the room, accept no substitutes.

Quote by RU Experienced?
It's comical because you are clearly an average to below-average bear.
It's refreshing to see a band like this that actually has good singing. Most metalcore bands do that whiny shit. I can't stand that.
Call me Andrew!

Check Out My Band
Here

Quote by DimebagLivesOn

Quote by nashawa
Quote by synestershadows
It's refreshing to see a band like this that actually has good singing. Most metalcore bands do that whiny shit. I can't stand that.

But they're not metalcore...
So we push forward

Last.fm
A lot of people would disagree with you. But my point is that they actually have good singing.
Call me Andrew!

Check Out My Band
Here

Quote by DimebagLivesOn

Quote by nashawa
Okay, Progressive Metal. Regardless, they actually have good singing compared to the whiny shit found in most metalcore. Why is this thread in the hardcore forums then?
Call me Andrew!

Check Out My Band
Here

Quote by DimebagLivesOn

Quote by nashawa
Quote by synestershadows
Okay, Progressive Metal. Regardless, they actually have good singing compared to the whiny shit found in most metalcore. Why is this thread in the hardcore forums then?

Because of the nature of the band and their relation to the scene. A lot of bands who aren't hardcore, but are related to the scene, will get posted in here simply because the people in this forum are usually pretty open minded and interested when it comes to other genres, whereas the reverse doesn't usually work well. The metal forum is full of complete assholes who can't tolerate a band like this, though there is a Periphery thread in the metal forum.
Quote by MustangMan311
Because of the nature of the band and their relation to the scene. A lot of bands who aren't hardcore, but are related to the scene, will get posted in here simply because the people in this forum are usually pretty open minded and interested when it comes to other genres, whereas the reverse doesn't usually work well. The metal forum is full of complete assholes who can't tolerate a band like this, though there is a Periphery thread in the metal forum.

I guess that makes sense. Metal elitists are huge dicks.
Call me Andrew!

Check Out My Band
Here

Quote by DimebagLivesOn

Quote by nashawa
Hardcore and metalcore are like leprosy. You can't let them even get NEAR the pure or it'll get infected by them.
My band, Escher
My progressive rock project, Mosaic

Quote by Lappo
clearly, the goal is to convert every thread into a discussion about BTBAM

BTBAM IS ALWAYS RELEVANT
Periphery still has those djent style breakdowns though. There is some hardcore influence in there.
Call me Andrew!

Check Out My Band
Here

Quote by DimebagLivesOn

Quote by nashawa
Quote by synestershadows
Periphery still has those djent style breakdowns though. There is some hardcore influence in there.

I think I noticed like, one breakdown on the album. Also, the djent sound all originated from Meshuggah, not hardcore. Periphery took their sound and developed into the "djent" we know after Meshuggah had been doing their thing for like, ten years.
Quote by MustangMan311
I think I noticed like, one breakdown on the album. Also, the djent sound all originated from Meshuggah, not hardcore. Periphery took their sound and developed into the "djent" we know after Meshuggah had been doing their thing for like, ten years.

If I remember correctly Meshuggah has been around for about twenty years now. And most bands that have borrowed their djent style are hardcore bands. I mean, you really can't call Periphery "metal" either. They're somewhere in between metal and metalcore. It's just that the metal elitists won't accept them as metal. Plus, they toured on thrash and burn. I have never seen an actual metal band play on thrash and burn except for maybe Arsis.
Call me Andrew!

Check Out My Band
Here

Quote by DimebagLivesOn

Quote by nashawa
Last edited by synestershadows at Apr 11, 2010,
Quote by synestershadows
If I remember correctly Meshuggah has been around for about twenty years now. And most bands that have borrowed their djent style are hardcore bands. I mean, you really can't call Periphery "metal" either. They're somewhere in between metal and metalcore. It's just that the metal elitists won't accept them as metal. Plus, they toured on thrash and burn. I have never seen an actual metal band play on thrash and burn except for maybe Arsis.

For the sake of discussion, I recommend specifying what hardcore bands you're talking about.

That part I bolded seems flawed as well. They're not metal because metal elitists refuse to "accept them as metal"? That's funny. Since when did their whims dictate a band's musical genre?
Because it's not what Metal Elitists would call "true metal". As someone stated before, this thread is in the hardcore forums because we would get nothing but shit from people in the metal forums. Plus, most Periphery fans are hardcore fans. You don't see many purely metal fans into Periphery.

After the Burial, a bit of Misery Signals, Structures, Veil of Maya, Born of Osiris. They all have been influenced by Meshuggah.
Call me Andrew!

Check Out My Band
Here

Quote by DimebagLivesOn

Quote by nashawa
Quote by synestershadows
Because it's not what Metal Elitists would call "true metal".

And if you pay attention to them, rather than common sense, you have no sympathy from me.
As someone stated before, this thread is in the hardcore forums because we would get nothing but shit from people in the metal forums.

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=805188
Last edited by Magero at Apr 11, 2010,
Quote by synestershadows
Because it's not what Metal Elitists would call "true metal". As someone stated before, this thread is in the hardcore forums because we would get nothing but shit from people in the metal forums. Plus, most Periphery fans are hardcore fans. You don't see many purely metal fans into Periphery.

After the Burial, a bit of Misery Signals, Structures, Veil of Maya, Born of Osiris. They all have been influenced by Meshuggah.

You HAVE to be the most annoying person ever. Periphery is in the hardcore forum b/c I posted it here. They have strong ties to the "core community" ex they tour with core bands are signed to a predominately core label Bulb produced albums for various core acts.

And wtf does the bolded part have to do with anything.
AK-47. The very best there is. When you absolutely, positively got to kill every motherfucker in the room, accept no substitutes.

Quote by RU Experienced?
Someone asked me to list Meshuggah influenced bands, retard.

Am I the only one that thinks that people are specifically picking fights with me?
Call me Andrew!

Check Out My Band
Here

Quote by DimebagLivesOn

Quote by nashawa
Quote by synestershadows
Someone asked me to list Meshuggah influenced bands, retard.

He said specify what HARDCORE bands are influenced by Meshuggah and none of the bands you mentioned were hardcore retard.

Quote by RU Experienced?
Quote by NY_FootBall49
He said specify what HARDCORE bands are influenced by Meshuggah and none of the bands you mentioned were hardcore retard.

What the **** are you talking about? Those are all metalcore and deathcore. Don't split ****in hairs.
Call me Andrew!

Check Out My Band
Here

Quote by DimebagLivesOn

Quote by nashawa