Page 5 of 23
Quote by NY_FootBall49
He said specify what HARDCORE bands are influenced by Meshuggah and none of the bands you mentioned were hardcore retard.

Just because you're right (for once) doesn't give you room to act like a dick. Calm down.
Magero, I usually agree with you on your music choices.
I really like this band though.
Clean singing gets to me man
I drink your milkshake.
I was under the impression that metalcore and deathcore were subgenres of hardcore.
Call me Andrew!

Check Out My Band
Here

Quote by DimebagLivesOn
Well you're wrong and stupid and I don't like you.

Quote by nashawa
You know who's a good troll? Me. Because I'm secretly in love with Pandy.
Quote by synestershadows
I was under the impression that metalcore and deathcore were subgenres of hardcore.

Not so much subgenres as fusion genres between hardcore and metal, if that distinction makes sense. MOST metalcore and deathcore is so much closer to metal and when someone says "hardcore," it's usually assumed that they're talking about hardcore punk.
Yeah well I was talking about every fusion and subgenre under the hardcore umbrella. So that guy was just being a huge dick.
Call me Andrew!

Check Out My Band
Here

Quote by DimebagLivesOn

Quote by nashawa
He tends to be. Most of us here are used to it.
However, I will tell you, whenever you say "hardcore," people here (and elsewhere) will assume you're talking about "tr00" hardcore, so you should probably be more specific in the future.
Last edited by saxaxe at Apr 11, 2010,
will do.

EDIT: Still haven't had the time to listen to the album all the way through, but so far I'm lovin' it. Screw [id]. It's good and all but the Periphery album blows it away. All of the Above and Periphery are my favorite albums of 2010 so far.
Call me Andrew!

Check Out My Band
Here

Quote by DimebagLivesOn

Quote by nashawa
Last edited by synestershadows at Apr 11, 2010,
i mean, legit metalcore is pretty close to hardcore, with metal elements; a 50-50 mix, about

deathcore however doesn't really have any hardcore in it

anyhoo, enough with this bs rehashed topic, back to periphery

racecar is my favorite song off the album, what about you fellas?
Haven't listened to Racecar yet. It's 15 ****in minutes long. Jesus Christ! I like how they do that racecar sound at the end of Insomnia. Kinda ties the whole album together.
Call me Andrew!

Check Out My Band
Here

Quote by DimebagLivesOn

Quote by nashawa
Totally digging the new album, buttersnips and icarus lives are definitely the best on the album but there were a few tracks I still hadn't heard in spite of having followed bulb for a long time.

I honestly preferred the self-produced sound demos, everything was much cleaner and panned pretty hard but the album still sounds great. New singer is ok, the best vocals on the album are still the ones where Casey's melodies are used. So glad these guys finally have a full length.
Quote by AluminumOxide
Cobain killed himself before he learned to play guitar.

Gibson SG Special
Schecter C1-Plus
Anyone know where I can get a download of the full length? I did the standard google search exploit and all I got was some old Bulb compilations...
Quote by Rufiothebandito

I honestly preferred the self-produced sound demos, everything was much cleaner and panned pretty hard but the album still sounds great. New singer is ok, the best vocals on the album are still the ones where Casey's melodies are used. So glad these guys finally have a full length.

It is self-produced.

Quote by Kyle<3
Anyone know where I can get a download of the full length? I did the standard google search exploit and all I got was some old Bulb compilations...

http://www.rapidshare2download.net/forums/music/384360-periphery-periphery-2010-a.html
Call me Andrew!

Check Out My Band
Here

Quote by DimebagLivesOn

Quote by nashawa
Zyglrox is the best song on this album. Hands down.
Quote by seeneyj
I thought the whole idea of post-hardcore was to mix techno and hardcore.....
I think I'd have to say Jetpacks was Yes!
The lives of thousands in my hands
I’ve come to take back what’s rightfully mine and now you’re damned
The lights grow dark in their homes
But our road is lit by fire from the sky
So we push forward

Last.fm
What's up with all the hate on the vocals.
They could be better, but they're not terrible.
And Zyglrox is the best track, no competition.
Quote by Magero
The tapping intro in Zyglrox is ruined by that harmony they chucked over the top.

I wouldn't say ruined, but it was definitely better before.
^I'm not exactly sure what you're talking about.
Call me Andrew!

Check Out My Band
Here

Quote by DimebagLivesOn

Quote by nashawa
If you have the old bulb/periphery demos, compare the zyglrox recordings. The new one has an added harmony. It's cool, but kind of takes away from the intensity of the riff.
Oh, I hear it now. I actually like it. I think they did that so they could have it fit more for three guitarists.
Call me Andrew!

Check Out My Band
Here

Quote by DimebagLivesOn

Quote by nashawa
I mean I do like it, but I think it takes away a little from the intensity and sheer badassosity of the riff. I'm probably making no sense at the moment. Oh, the perils of social networking when drunk.
Quote by punkforlife93
Lame vocals, cliche at times, and the screaming is really boring.

Not my thing, I guess.

How?
Call me Andrew!

Check Out My Band
Here

Quote by DimebagLivesOn

Quote by nashawa
I would like it very much if he elaborated.
Call me Andrew!

Check Out My Band
Here

Quote by DimebagLivesOn

Quote by nashawa
Quote by synestershadows
I would like it very much if he elaborated.

You keep doing this not everyone has to agree with you. And maybe he can't elaborate I can't tell you why I dislike half the bands I dislike sometimes its just something you can't explain.
AK-47. The very best there is. When you absolutely, positively got to kill every motherfucker in the room, accept no substitutes.

Quote by RU Experienced?
It's comical because you are clearly an average to below-average bear.
Can anyone point me in the direction of a download? Most of the ones on blogspots have been taken down.
Call me Matthew.
Quote by NY_FootBall49
You keep doing this not everyone has to agree with you. And maybe he can't elaborate I can't tell you why I dislike half the bands I dislike sometimes its just something you can't explain.

Yeah well sometimes it can be explained. You don't have to be a douche. He came in here, insulted the band, and then left. And when I ask for an explanation he doesn't reply and all I get is your bullshit. You have to realize that you're not always right. If he says it's cliche, I would like to know how he thinks it's cliche. There is no opinion in that.

Quote by Masshuu
Can anyone point me in the direction of a download? Most of the ones on blogspots have been taken down.

If you're so lazy you can't scroll near the top of this page, I pity you.
Call me Andrew!

Check Out My Band
Here

Quote by DimebagLivesOn

Quote by nashawa
Last edited by synestershadows at Apr 13, 2010,
Quote by synestershadows
Yeah well sometimes it can be explained. You don't have to be a douche. He came in here, insulted the band, and then left. And when I ask for an explanation he doesn't reply and all I get is your bullshit. You have to realize that you're not always right. If he says it's cliche, I would like to know how he thinks it's cliche. There is no opinion in that.

If you're so lazy you can't scroll near the top of this page, I pity you.

That's funny, at the top my page there is no link to a download, no need to be so butt-hurt constantly. And if you're talking about the one you posted on the previous page, then the file has been deleted, hence me asking for a point in the direction of one that works, idiot.

Also, everything about the sound of something is subjective. He thinks its cliche, that is his opinion because he thinks it sounds like stuff that's been done before, whereas you think it sounds different and fresh. Get over it.
Call me Matthew.
Last edited by Masshuu at Apr 14, 2010,
I gotta say I'm half with Synester on hearing statements backed by at least an explanation or opinion, but this is also the internet and if you keep taking posts so personally you'll just get infuriated on how rarely you get answers.

I personally think that most of the melodies sound really unique, especially on Buttersnips and Icarus Lives, they don't really step all over the instrumental work like they do in other songs. A lot of Casey's writing seemed to compliment the music rather than take over it, Spencer seems to be kind of the opposite.
Quote by AluminumOxide
Cobain killed himself before he learned to play guitar.

Gibson SG Special
Schecter C1-Plus
Quote by MustangMan311
I could see the vocals in places, but the music? Hell no.

I can totally hear the cliched stuff. All of the pseudo-prog wanky chords with clean vocals sound like the cheesiest prog metal fantasy sequence. I can almost picture unicorns and friggin' rainbows half the time.
I think the vocals are really unique and fresh on the tracks where Casey wrote the melodies. Icarus Lives has always been one of my favorite vocal parts and I still love it. I think most of the music is pretty unique, just for the fact that this band has been doing this for longer than 90% of the bands that sound just like them now.
The vocals do sound kinda cliche.
Like Spencer can decide if he wants to be super brutal, use his own voice, or sound like generic metalcore clean singer #3.
Quote by Masshuu
That's funny, at the top my page there is no link to a download, no need to be so butt-hurt constantly. And if you're talking about the one you posted on the previous page, then the file has been deleted, hence me asking for a point in the direction of one that works, idiot.

Also, everything about the sound of something is subjective. He thinks its cliche, that is his opinion because he thinks it sounds like stuff that's been done before, whereas you think it sounds different and fresh. Get over it.

I wasn't aware that the file had been deleted. And, 40 posts/page. You should try it.

Being cliche is really not subjective. Cliche means that they sound like everyone else. There is no opinion in that. They either sound like something else, or they don't. I just wanted to know what made him think it was cliche and he has yet to reply, which is why I think he made that bullshit up.
Call me Andrew!

Check Out My Band
Here

Quote by DimebagLivesOn

Quote by nashawa
Last edited by synestershadows at Apr 15, 2010,
Are you going to do this every time someone doesn't like a band you like?
My band, Escher
My progressive rock project, Mosaic

Quote by Lappo
clearly, the goal is to convert every thread into a discussion about BTBAM

BTBAM IS ALWAYS RELEVANT