Hey guys, i've been using a Line 6 spider since I started and i'm sick of it. This christmas i'm interested in getting a new tube amp. I'm in a punk band and we gig at small clubs/basements, and I'd also want it to be able to pull off decent cleans and metal. Price limit is around $600. Recommend away
Peavey XXX
Peavey VTM
Peavey Ultra Plus
Peavey Classic 30
Peavey Valveking (with upgrades)

Any of those would be killer for what you want and all can be found used within your budget.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
Quote by Giles92
Hey guys, i've been using a Line 6 spider since I started and i'm sick of it. This christmas i'm interested in getting a new tube amp. I'm in a punk band and we gig at small clubs/basements, and I'd also want it to be able to pull off decent cleans and metal. Price limit is around $600. Recommend away

bugera 333 series or 626x series
Gibson SG Standard
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Fender Partscaster
Bugera 6262
Jcm900 1960A
If you're in to modeling amps, get a Peavey Vypyr. This thing is sweet. It's got a channel called Brit for british tone, B-Kat for distorted-type stuff, and several others (about 11 total).

If you're not, anything by Peavey is awesome. I'd reccomend you get a footswitch with the Vypyr.
Quote by stykerwolf
Location?
Willing to go used?

San Diego, CA and yes.
i'll take a look at Peavey and Bugera, guys but keep the recommendations coming
Quote by Giles92

Vox Valvetronix- pick the size you want.
bugera 333
periphery/bulb!

gear:
Ibanez RG7321 w/ D-sonic in bridge

Peavey 5150 mk ii & b52 4x12 cab

line 6 podxt for recording

Quote by AsOneIStand
Head and Cab for $130? You don't need a head and cabinet, you need a psychological examination.