When I do 3 string sweeps I down pick the second string. Is this acceptible. or does it make it a different kind of picking? It definetly still sounds like pure sweeps. but yea, does anyone else do this?
That would be individually picking each string, and doesn't qualify.

Check this out:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PC9BP5qnWtI

Notice how when he sweep picks, it's one constant motion.
[img]http://pix.motivatedphotos.com/2008/10/24/633604588429325324-annoyance.jpg[/img]

Billy Mays is definitely gonna give me nightmares now.

Quote by xxGUITARZER0xx
honestly no

but i just did the pallet town theme song cause someone wanted that

Quote by speakers
all of the above
iv always done it like this ^upstroke /downstroke

-----------^13--/17p13---------------^13--/17p13-------------------
------^15-----------------/15-----^15-----------------/15-----------
-^14--------------------------^14--------------------------^14--

there fixed it
your a wreck, an accident, forget the freak your just nature, keep the gun oiled and the temple clean, shit snort and blaspheme, let the heads cool and the engine run, because in the end everything we do is just everything we've done.
-corey taylor
Last edited by Jman09 at Nov 28, 2009,
Quote by tenfold
You don't up-pick the 15 on B going down? And what's with the sliding? Shouldn't it be hammering on and pulling off on the high E?

there is no sliding thats my retarded way of labeling the diagram ^=upstroke /=downstroke and i only pull off after i hit the seventeen on the way down.
your a wreck, an accident, forget the freak your just nature, keep the gun oiled and the temple clean, shit snort and blaspheme, let the heads cool and the engine run, because in the end everything we do is just everything we've done.
-corey taylor
Last edited by Jman09 at Nov 28, 2009,
Quote by dandan321
Unless you're Steve Morse, it should be one constant motion.

Steve Morse picks every note when he is 'sweeping' arpeggios.
]

Steve is one bloody fantastic player. To be able to pick against every possible 'standard' motion and still be one of the best players to ever live is some feat.
Quote by Jman09
iv always done it like this ^upstroke /downstroke

-----------^13--/17p13---------------^13--/17p13-------------------
------^15-----------------/15-----^15-----------------/15-----------
-^14--------------------------^14--------------------------^14--

there fixed it

Wait... what? You're using upstrokes while descending?
Quote by tenfold
Oh I see. You're doing it right then.
For the future though, use "v" for a downpick indicator, and "h" for a hammer-on indicator.

ya i know that "h" is hammer on but i never hammer on i only pull off, and yes a 'v' would have been a much better choice i dont know why i didnt do it that way.
-corey taylor