my pickups on my guitar (ibanez artcore semi hollow) are always making this buzzing sound caused by interference with the electrical system. is there any type of replacement pickups that would interfere less or not at all? or maybe an amp mod?
Check your wiring?
Posted from Ubuntu.

Squier Precision Bass Special in Antique Burst (LH)
Rotosound Swing 66s, 45-105

On slapping on a bass:
Quote by supersac
pretend its a woman
i have no helpful advice

pickups are basically electric generators. So, no.

Check your wiring.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
it only happens in my city tho(provo), it doesnt happen in orem which has a different electric system.
grounding issue?

pickups work because they have an electric current running through them.
and i highly doubt that different electric systems in different cities are going to impact your guitar very much...
2008 Fender American Standard Stratocaster
Schecter C-1+
Squier '51 (blonde with black pickguard)
Fender Super Champ XD
Quote by oldspice56
grounding issue?

pickups work because they have an electric current running through them.
and i highly doubt that different electric systems in different cities are going to impact your guitar very much...

Actually the building wiring can make a big difference. TS, you need to try a couple guitars, a couple amps, see if you can narrow down when the buzzing is occurring.
^this.

Mind you, semi-hollows are known for picking up more noise than most other guitars, and this may be part of the problem you're experiencing.

Have a sizzlin' day,
AJ
Quote by conor1148
who cares if they're drawn,

boobies

Gear:
Peavey Supreme 100W head
Crate 4x12 cab
Epiphone Les Paul Standard+
Modded Johnson Stratocaster