VT50.

No doubt let alone the fact vox beats marshall every day. if you're in a band 15w isn't gonna cut it
Out of those two,definitely the Vox.

But,there's probably better amps out there.What's your style and budget?

WARNING!: THIS USER HAS BEEN KNOWN TO BE AN OPINIONATED ASS. ALWAYS USE CAUTION WHEN READING POSTS AND NEVER USE NEAR AN OPEN FLAME.USE ONLY AS DIRECTED.KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN.

Quote by Pr0gNut
Out of those two,definitely the Vox.

But,there's probably better amps out there.What's your style and budget?

You guys seem very helpful for some reason, much moreso than other forums I've been on!!

Anyway, style would be alot of classic rock, where you get that tube feeling under your feet when it vibrates the floor, hence why I'm asking about the Vox. I also play some newer stuff, but I tend to stay away from anything 1995 onward because it's just......embarrassing.

I want tone similar to Led Zeppelin or AC/DC, I also liked Ace Frehley's tone back in the early days.

MAX budget: $400

BTW, how much tone/volume would there be between the Vox VT50 and Vox VT30?? I don't know if 20w is that big a deal because I just recently got GOOD at guitar and have waited til now to explore my options.
Last edited by twdavis13 at Nov 28, 2009,
Get the Vox. It wins hands down, plus a couple of the effects on it are pretty usable. It has several amp styles that you can choose from, one of which was 70's rock if my memory serves me right. But it's undoubtedly better than the MG.
Quote by twdavis13
You guys seem very helpful for some reason, much moreso than other forums I've been on!!

Anyway, style would be alot of classic rock, where you get that tube feeling under your feet when it vibrates the floor. I also play some newer stuff, but I tend to stay away from anything 1995 onward because it's just......embarrassing.

I want tone similar to Led Zeppelin or AC/DC, I also liked Ace Frehley's tone back in the early days.

MAX budget: $400

I'm gonna go with my gut and recommend the fender super champ XD and a new speaker for it.It'll be right within your budget and it'll do the genres you want to play really well.It's a 15 watt tube amp with built in voicings and effects,and it can get loud enough to be heard with a drummer and what not.

WARNING!: THIS USER HAS BEEN KNOWN TO BE AN OPINIONATED ASS. ALWAYS USE CAUTION WHEN READING POSTS AND NEVER USE NEAR AN OPEN FLAME.USE ONLY AS DIRECTED.KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN.

Lol i Had the microstack, it sucked. Pretty bad.

Valvetronix is defiantly a better choice.

For gigging your better off going with the 50 watter. The actual perceivable volume difference between 30 and 50 watts is pretty low. But the 12 inch speaker will cut alot better in a band mix.
Quote by Pr0gNut
I'm gonna go with my gut and recommend the fender super champ XD and a new speaker for it.It'll be right within your budget and it'll do the genres you want to play really well.It's a 15 watt tube amp with built in voicings and effects,and it can get loud enough to be heard with a drummer and what not.

This. The stock speaker is crap, but I bet if it's replaced, the amp really sounds great.
Quote by Alex Vik
This. The stock speaker is crap, but I bet if it's replaced, the amp really sounds great.

It's a really simple equation:

Fender Super Champ XD + Eminence Ragin' Canjun = Budget blues and rock gold

Replacing the stock tubes with high quality models really opens the amp up as well.

go with the vox. im getting the vt50 soon. sooo excited. ive played it like 5 times and it sounds wonderful. go for it.
2012 Gibson Les Paul Custom Classic
2001 Schecter C-1 Classic
2007 Yamaha APX500
Vox AC15CC1 w/ Eminence Tonkerlite
Assorted Pedals!

All for sale!

Call me Matt!
Doesnt this belong in the Gear forum?
Quote by satanicgurrl
Is this amazing? Could it be?
This newly posted mp3

Quoth the server "4 0 3"

Official Gain Wh0re

Gear:

• ESP LTD EC-1000 Black Cherry
  • Hartke LH500 Full Stack
  • Line 6 Pod HD Pro
Now, I'm gonna agree with the Vox, although I have one of the new MG's. The half stack one. It doesn't sound that bad, Not great, but it's decent, good distortion. But don't go with that weird little micro stack thing, get the Vox.

████████████
████████████

RBY CYOA