Page 1 of 2
Just out of curiosity and i may find some songs that i might like to play ,while im a huge ac/dc fan my favourite song to play on electric guitar has to be

Bark at the moon -Ozzy Osbourne

its just such a cool and fun song to play the speed is good and keeps you interested ,sounds good in different tunings ,and has lots of variety(not just one or 2 chords) and the solos are awesome.

so whats yours?
I quite like jamming over Fallin' by Alicia Keys at the moment.

But I suppose playing an actual song (not like soloing over and fididdle) would be Don't Look Look Back In Anger by Oasis.
Cam Sampbell's my hero
Almost any of the songs off Leviathan by Mastodon. I started learning songs off that album a little while ago and they're just really fun to play through.
It changes a lot. Right now it's:

Them Bones (Alice in Chains)
Would? (Alice in Chains)
Welcome Home (Coheed and Cambria)
Holiday in Cambodia (Dead Kennedys)
Little Sister (Queens of the Stone Age)

Haha, I just realized that most of those were on Guitar Hero or Rock Band at some point... I don't even own Guitar Hero or Rock Band, so no I'm not a poser who only plays songs from games.
I like playing Immigrant Song by Led Zep (especially improving a solo) or Mama kin by Aerosmith.
Skip the username, call me Billy
A really fun song for me to play is Woo Hoo by the 5.6.7.8's......
Control your destiny.
Im realy into playing get out of my yard by paul gilbert right now. Last week it was blindfolds aside by protest
Right now, The God That Failed.

Absolutely awesome song.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Quote by oneblackened
Right now, The God That Failed.

Absolutely awesome song.

That is one of my favorites, the solo is really fun.

But ATM the songs i've been playing are

This Calling (All that remains)
Six (all that remains)
fade to black (metallica)
Canon rock(the one thats on youtube, funtwo style.... yes i know, but really fun)

I usually olay a lot of metallica though
I don't really have a "favorite" right now, as I'm working on my sweep picking, but I'm learning the solo to Mea Culpa by The Human Abstract which is going to be insanely fun once I nail sweep picking.

So I guess, for songs I can completely play:

An American Dream by August Burns Red
Since I Don't Have You by Guns N' Roses, gotta love the doo-wop influence =D
If you're not in it, you're out of it. - Joey Ramone
chop suey, system of a down
or the intro to trains, by porcupine tree.
Caution:
This post may contain my opinion and/or inaccurate information.

Current Rig:
2006 PRS CE-24
Mesa/Boogie Mark V
Voltage S212 w/ V30's
Strymon Timeline
CMATMods Signa Drive
TC Electronics Corona & Hall of Fame
the solo for highway star
its fun and fast
for improve i play over since i been loving you
Sweet Child 'o Mine. Play it everytime I pick up the guitar
G͔͓̅e͎͉̟̽ͬ͐̎̃͐ͨͅå͈͖͕̹̤̟̐̏͋ͅr̩͕̫̰̗s̹̳̼ͥ̒̍̄̅ͥ̚:

ESP Standard Eclipse I CTM VW
ESP LTD Deluxe H-1001
ESP LTD Deluxe Viper-1000 STBC
ESP Edwards E-EX-100STD
Warmoth Paulcaster "Tiger"
Tanglewood TW170 AS
Vox Tonelab ST
Blackstar HT-1R

lately it's been pj harvey's to bring you my love that makes me plug the electric in instead of just bashing on the acoustic
XENOCHRIST!!! By The Faceless, song is a blast.. keeps you pushed to the limit the whole time, the song is so hard haha.
Mostly I tinker around, or play stuff I've written, or make random riffs and build off them.

If its has to be a song it'd be Welcome Home by Coheed and Cambria...probably one of the few songs I know from start to finish, with parts from both lead and rhythm
My babies:
-Epiphone 1958 Korina Explorer
-Peavey Vypyr 30
-Epiphone Hummingbird
Hi..
I have gone through the information and its really good one... its new for me...
Thanks for sharing the post..
I like Black Dog by Zeppelin just because that's the only scale I know well enough to solo with so I can solo over most of the song.
Quote by Son.Of.TheViper
Hmm... seems the thread has been taken over by a swimming pool filled with sperm.

Quote by iantheman
Whenever I run out of tissues, I get worried that I'll be caught hopping through the hallway with my pants around my knees, a dying erection, and a fist full of semen.
I've been playing the songs from the Stone Temple Pilots' "Core" album A LOT lately.
OBEY THE MIGHTY SHITKICKER
Quote by DarkChilli
I like Black Dog by Zeppelin just because that's the only scale I know well enough to solo with so I can solo over most of the song.

If you can solo over black dog you can solo over every rock and blues song ever written
anything by blink 182 (dumpweed, dammit, carousel) so simple and helps me learn beginning theory

dogs can grow beards all over and reptar, king of the ozone by devil wears prada
GEAR:
Epiphone Les Paul Special II
Ibanez Rg350m YE
Roland Cube 80X
Squier Acoustic << AWESOME
Quote by habits
A really fun song for me to play is Woo Hoo by the 5.6.7.8's......

I love playing that song too.

My favorite song to play ever is probably say it ain't so.
UG's Prodigal Son
Hummer-Smashing Pumpkins
Gear

Fender Mustang

Fender Telecaster

Fender Frontman 212R

Johnson Marquis JM60

Devi Ever Rocket

Boss Super Phaser

Dunlop Cry Baby GCB-95

Electro-Harmonix Big Muff Pi (NYC)
Pride and joy or Texas flood by Srv. I love that they are mostly improvised and its a lot of fun.

Or maybe whole lotta love by zep the solo in the middle is fun
*lust list*
Vox tone lab
Vox ac50
satchurator
satches time machine
vintage phase 90
Money towards this gear = $0.00

Quote by Doctor Matthews
Yeah I dreamt I was fighting Master Hand, but then I woke up to realize I was jackin' it in my sleep.
Haunted by Disturbed. It's really simple, but with my new Ibanez Weeping demon, its really fun to play
nirvana-smells like teen spirit...cliche, yes but its so much fun to just put on distrotion and strum some power chords
Hysteria by Muse
or
Don't Look Back In Anger

I might not play them very well, but I have fun playin' 'em.
I'm about halfway into Polaris by The Human Abstract. Very fun song in DGCFAD. Other than that, Mutiny, by parkway drive.

Quote by Adisturbedone
Haunted by Disturbed. It's really simple, but with my new Ibanez Weeping demon, its really fun to play

The WD7 is an amazing pedal. A bit over the top at times, but alot of fun to work with.
Quote by fly135
Great list Rutch. On re-reading this one I'd have to say Solid State means not liquid or gas.

I figured it out.
Last edited by Ishiga at Nov 29, 2009,
At the moment, Paramore's Misery Business. It's not my favourite song of theirs but it's very fun to play, uses some unusual chords but there's nothing physically straining, just a simple, decent tune. Green Day's Redundant and Foo Fighter's Best Of You are two others that are good to simple plug straight into the amp and burst out without having to do much thinking. The most funs songs are always the simple ones.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
Blood and Thunder- Mastodon
For Whom the Bell Tolls- Metallica
Quote by IRISH_PUNK13
The grandmother is having a baby with her grandson, so the grandson will be his own fathers father, the baby will be his own grandfather, and grandson, and the grandmother will be the mother, and great grandmother?

Quote by TheBurningFish
ಠ_ಠ
Page 1 of 2