Hey, I'd just like to ask, would a bogner shiva 112 be able to handle heavier things? e.g KSE, inflames, bless the fall ? metal / posthardcore?
i know it's great for that 'rock' sound, and i absolutely LOVE the sound 'The Spill Canvas' get out of playing it, [though they have the head version? i'm hoping it wouldn't be too different, and if i need, just plug the combo into a cab for live shows? or maybe just mic it up if worst comes to worst?

Long story short:

Bogner Shiva, handles high gain stuff? or not?

Thanks a lot!

PLEASE reply!
the 20th anniversary Shiva can do highgain but just get an amp that is BUILT for High Gain
PSN USERNAME: MetuulGuitarist7
STEAM:MetuulGuitarist7
Origin:MetuulGuitarist7
feel free to add me
Quote by WTF!!is a TAB
just get an amp that is BUILT for High Gain

This is the truth.
Gibson SG Standard
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Fender Partscaster
Bugera 6262
Jcm900 1960A
but the thing is, i really do want a warm clean sound too, i've looked at 6505's and listened to clips of them, and their cleans are no match, engl powerballs have a good hi gain and clean sound, but APARENTLY they have a 'digital' sound i've read somewhere in reviews?

I'd love recommendations if anyone has any, i'm living in kent england, so there aren't too many places i can try out quality amps at, though i'm gonna try going to GAK sometime soon, but ebay solves quite a lot, it's just worrying buying amps u've never tried.
kinda, but not my first choice, as alf says.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
price budget: 800/900 pounds COULD push 1000 if it's worth it.
I've found a framus fr212 cab that has V30 that's only about 250 pounds if i get a head so i can get a head for roughly 800 maybe?
for around that, maybe something like an engl fireball? assuming brootz is all you want.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
If you want something similar in gain structure that is also a metal monster... give a Splawn Nitro a try. Awesome cleans as well KSE has also used them quite a bit.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
used JCM800 if you can find one, or maybe a used mark IV if you want nice cleans and uber gain. but again if you can find one in the UK, i didn't have much luck trying to find either
Tom Anderson Guitarworks

Mayones Guitars

Suhr Guitars

Mesa Boogie

Friedman Amplification

Fractal Audio Systems

Quote by Bladed-Vaults
*Bane voice* ahhh yes. The br00tz, I was born with it. Molded by it. I didnt know of the light until I was already a man.
Not the standard one no. I'd say it has a touch more gain than an 800, or something around there. Amazing cleans though, with great reverb. One of the better amps i've ever played.
Gibson Les Paul Custom
Fender American Tele

F/S:
Orange Rockerverb 50
Orange PPC412
You might try a used Framus Dragon for that. KSE use them (or have used them at some point). They're basically build to be allrounders and can be had for relatively cheap used. They usually go for around 1000€ used here, so 900 quid should be about right. If you can wait, you'll probably come across one for even cheaper.

You can also look at an Engl Blackmore - relatively affordable and does everything from classic rock to modern metal - it's only got one EQ for all the channels though and for heavy tones high output humbuckers are recommended.

Oh, and I'd try out the Powerball so you can find out yourself if it sounds digital to you or not. I think it's rep is worse than it actually deserves. Keep in mind though that it is a metal amp, it can do medium gain tones, but not nearly as well as the Shiva.