I love all that kind of stuff from the 80s especially, Bauhaus, Sisters of Mercy, Dead Can Dance, and also newer bands like Switchblade Symphony and Cinema Strange.

It seems like any kind of following for these acts outside of the really big ones, and for them it's just a nostalgia trip.

I think it's a shame as I think there was a lot of invention in this genre of music and I hate to see it go away. There's hardly anywhere to discuss it, goth.net has been practically dead for years and any other "goth" forums have been taken over by Nightwish/Cradle of Filth fans.
Hmm, would The Birthday Party fall under these categories?
| (• ◡•)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ
Quote by GURREN LAGANN
I love all that kind of stuff from the 80s especially, Bauhaus, Sisters of Mercy, Dead Can Dance, and also newer bands like Switchblade Symphony and Cinema Strange.

It seems like any kind of following for these acts outside of the really big ones, and for them it's just a nostalgia trip.

I think it's a shame as I think there was a lot of invention in this genre of music and I hate to see it go away. There's hardly anywhere to discuss it, goth.net has been practically dead for years and any other "goth" forums have been taken over by Nightwish/Cradle of Filth fans.

I love Nightwish, but understand what you mean. There's no real place for post punk on the interwebz-which is good. You don't want it getting too popular.
Theatre Of Hate > all other gothic bands.

EDIT: Every time someone calls Marilyn Manson a goth rock musician, God melts a Siouxsie and the Banshees CD.
Last edited by toyboxmonster at Dec 4, 2009,
Quote by IbanezBassman
There's no real place for post punk on the interwebz-which is good. You don't want it getting too popular.

What does that even mean? I'm constantly bothered that I have no one to talk about Gang of Four or Joy Division with...

EDIT: or Diary of Dreams
Quote by emoboy027
Is fingering an emo chick that likes yoy and that has fallen in love with you is it wrong to you to finger her during lunch outside in front of everyone at the high school? would you not care or lol even wish it was you?

Youztoobz
MIDI Magicalness!
Last edited by nashawa at Dec 4, 2009,
Quote by IbanezBassman
I love Nightwish, but understand what you mean. There's no real place for post punk on the interwebz-which is good. You don't want it getting too popular.

Fret not. It's not written to be popular so it would never be popular
| (• ◡•)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ
Hey! What about Young Marble Giants??
I don't think I've ever met anyone else who had even heard their name -_-
Quote by toyboxmonster
Hey! What about Young Marble Giants??
I don't think I've ever met anyone else who had even heard their name -_-

yes. and great guitar tone. 0/
Quote by somewhat_here
yes. and great guitar tone. 0/

Seriousness, or sarcasm?
Damn the internet's lack of tone of voice.
Quote by somewhat_here
not today. i actually really like that guitar tone.

Oh, good =)

So yeah...is anyone else into Theatre of Hate?
Original Sin sends shivers down my spine.
today goth rock is an insult,personally i don't care. I call it darkwave like the early cure, sisters of mercy, siouxie and the banshees, joy division,.... you get the picture.
Listen to A Place To Bury Strangers. Particularly Exploding Head. It's like a post-punk shoegaze noisy audiorgasm.
There's only one girl in the world for you
and she probably lives in Tahiti.
Quote by K-Lizzle
Listen to A Place To Bury Strangers. Particularly Exploding Head. It's like a post-punk shoegaze noisy audiorgasm.

The Horrors' new album is also a great piece of post-punk revival...much meaner and grittier than the electronic stuff that She Wants Revenge and Interpol have been releasing.
I was really surprised by the new Horrors album. Their first album was pretty awful, but Primary Colours was actually really good. It's probably because it's shoegazey, which is always a good thing.
There's only one girl in the world for you
and she probably lives in Tahiti.
The first Horrors album was brilliant! British (and some bands that are quite popular in britain) post punk revival bands which are popular with the hipsters:

Electricity in Our Homes, An Experiment on a Bird in The Air Pump, Neils Children, Factory Floor, Nik Void, ddd, Ipso Facto, Ulterior, Kasms, HTRK and Project Komakino.
Check some out, they're pretty cool, if not bandwagony
Ay, I'm looking for something similar to Bela Lugosi's Dead by Bauhaus. Reccs pretty please?
| (• ◡•)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ
Quote by K-Lizzle
I was really surprised by the new Horrors album. Their first album was pretty awful,

Shame on you.